Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.Your Opportunity
The VP of Marketing & Communications will be a key member of the leadership team. This position oversees all marketing and communication channels for the region and is responsible for strategizing and developing the 360-marketing strategy for all product launches, retail stores, new store openings and special projects.
The ideal candidate can effectively influence and amplify plans cascaded from worldwide to meet the unique needs and insights of the region. The right candidate is a balance of the analytical and creative, married together to create an insightful, forward thinking, innovative leader. The ability to not only develop programs but to provide insightful, quantifiable measures of performance is essential.How you will contributeStrategic Leadership
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing and communication strategies aligned with the overall business objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure consistency in brand messaging and alignment with the brand's values and identity.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, competitor activities, and market dynamics to identify opportunities and threats.
Public Relations and Media Management
- Collaborate with creative teams to develop compelling events that align with the brand's aesthetic and values.
- Define cross-functional 360 brand engagement strategy, overseeing a calendar of product launches, retail openings and evergreen support, as well as special projects that require unique marketing plans
- Translate company vision and direction into an appropriate strategy for all consumer touchpoints, brick and mortar, digital and visual expression by inspiring creativity and localization in plan development, identifying opportunities to tailor worldwide frameworks to accelerate brand image and business impact
- Collaborate with partners to develop and implement integrated marketing plans that support brand objectives with focus on digital, traditional media and client facing activities
- Strategically execute market positioning with an eye always on brand value, revenue generation, growth and evaluating performance via the use of key metrics, such as conversion rates, engagement, and client recruitment & retention
- Develop seasonal commercial and brand image events that are new and exciting to the customer while elevating the brand, raising awareness, and promoting the unique brand perspective
- Plan, execute, and measure integrated marketing campaigns across various channels, including digital, social media, print, events, and influencer partnerships.
Team Leadership and Development
- Work closely with CMO in London and US teams to define key messaging, selling propositions, client communication, and press initiatives; includes seasonal planning and execution
- Build and maintain relationships with key media outlets, influencers, and industry stakeholders.
- Oversee public relations initiatives, including press releases, product launches, and events, to maximize positive brand exposure.
- Monitor and analyze digital marketing metrics to optimize campaigns and improve online customer engagement.
- Disseminate important news (internal & external), events, marketing plans, and successes
- Lead and mentor a high-performing marketing and communications team, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Provide guidance on professional development, skill-building, and performance management.
- Ensure smooth lines of communication between HQ and market; advocating for regional opportunities and needs
Who you are?
- Develop and manage the marketing budget, ensuring efficient allocation of resources to maximize ROI.
- Maintain marketing budget across product lines to ensure maximum results for financial and human capital available
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators, making data-driven decisions to enhance marketing effectiveness.
Why work with us?
- 8-10+ years in an executive marketing role for a luxury brand
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful marketing strategies that drive brand awareness and revenue growth.
- Strong understanding of the luxury RTW market, fashion trends, and consumer behavior.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate business goals into actionable marketing plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field; MBA preferred.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic sales team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment. Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.Salary Range:
$180,000 – $230,000