Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Manager, Inventory Management, PFS, is responsible for financial and business forecasting and analysis and inventory movements, including transfers between channels and regions, end-of-season buyback, liquidation, and disposition as part of the inventory weeks of supply targets. Responsibilities will include but not limited to analysis, reporting, forecasting, process analysis and implementation, multi-year plan, and adhoc reporting/projects that are aligned to the Company goals and initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Responsible and accountable for the inventory forecast, analysis, and budget planning in close partnership with the Inventory Management, Finance, and Merchandising teams.
* Maximize and identify inventory opportunities through transfers within channels and across regions.
* Manage the sell-off process, partnering closely with the Merchandising, PFS, and Wholesale Off-Price teams, while continually looking for opportunities to improve and streamline the process. This includes allocations, SAP transactions, material extension and costing, and pricing.
* Determine the most sustainable options for remaining excess while partnering with the Inventory Finance team to understand the NRV impact.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships within both the Inventory Management team and the cross-functional teams (Finance, Business Planning, Merchandise Planning and Buying, Inventory Control, Supply Chain, DC Ops, Store Ops, Account Services, Cost Accounting, IT).
* Design, produce, and enhance reporting, dashboards, and tools within the Inventory Management department, identifying opportunities for standardization and automation of processes and leveraging best practices from cross-functional and global teams.
* Partner with the businesses in driving key business and corporate goals and initiatives.
* Develop, manage, and champion the initial end-user transition to streamlined processes and new tools with user guides.
* Drive process improvement and efficiencies.
* Communicate with business partners to ensure consistency of information and to share best practices.
* Responsible for continuous education on various tools and core competencies in relation to development plan.
* Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and provide analysis and recommendations based on findings.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Bachelor's degree Systems and Tools
* Advanced MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
* Island Pacific
* Enterprise Planning
* GFE+ and/or Riversand
* GBIS (Global reporting tool used to provide visibility to key sales and inventory metrics)
* JDA Allocation
* SAP and SAP BI experience are a plus Required Skills
* 5-7 years of Retail or Wholesale experience
* Proficient in retail math and cost accounting
* Display analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent organizational skills, including ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines
* High level of attention to details
* Self-motivated, proactive, flexible, and strong team player
* Able to develop and maintain effective cross-functional relationships