Broken Planet (@brokenplanet) is among the fastest-growing streetwear brands in the UK. By combining streetwear and sustainability, Broken Planet was able to attain 250,000 customers and over 500,000 thousand followers worldwide in less than 3 years. Exponential growth brings more opportunities as well as challenges, therefore Broken Planet is looking for talented and passionate individuals to join the team. We are looking for people with diverse skills and perspectives who empower teamwork and celebrate differences. We believe these are important attributes in creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
Our London Head Office is based in Hackney Wick, a vibrant and creative area, which is growing rapidly and is soon to be one of the fashion hotspots in London.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Design Manager who will play an important role in developing and sampling new Broken Planet products as well as leading the design team. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of streetwear, women's and menswear design and development.
You will work closely with and lead other members of the design team on creating and developing new collections, garments, concepts, prints and patterns from brainstorming the ideas to the final product.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage a motivated and cohesive team of designers, freelance creatives and interns that are committed to excellent quality standards.
- Ensure that the product ranges are developed in line with the creative vision of the brand founders.
- Project-manage and direct the design and development and direction of multiple products and collections.
- Plan the vision for seasons ahead through extensive research for future drops alongside the brand founders and design team.
- Prepare for the on-time execution of each collection from sampling to complete handover to production.
- Continually strive to find innovative fabrics, trims, prints, finishes and techniques.
WHO YOU ARE
- A minimum of 3 years experience of managing a design team, 5-10 years of hands on experience in the fashion industry.
- You have an expert knowledge of fabric development, garment construction, and fit.
- You have strong knowledge of fabric and pattern development.
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary.
- 33-day holidays per year plus holiday trading.
- Free Broken Planet clothing.
- Flexible working environment and more.