This position will drive newness and innovation in brand fabric. You should have some R&D and product development background bringing forth new ideas keeping within brand aesthetic and cost structure. This role will source seasonal design request with appropriate vendors and offer creative solutions if the request is outside of brands sourcing and pricing strategy. The ideal candidate will be proactive in sourcing fabrics keeping in mind current company initiatives such as speed 360 model, sustainability/traceability initiatives, and launch corporate data initiatives.
- Supports the Raw Material Manager - Knit/woven fabrics and Soft/ Hard trim developments, to help drive innovation, sustainability, delivery, quality, speed and cost.
- Assist the manager in daily raw material merchandising duties, documentations and data management support.
- Maintain fabric detail sheets and testing documents for the seasonal fabric libraries.
- Maintain Technical specification sheets for Soft and Hard trims.
- Manage and monitor/follow-up on sales sampling across fabric Knit/Woven fabric, Soft / Hard trims, including tracking and delivery, issue resolution and invoices settlement.
- Assist senior management, and oversee the fields of raw material administration
- Support in preparing business data reports, maintain reports pertaining to Knit/Woven fabrics and Soft /Hard trims.
- Prepare the PVH team training materials for mills/trims suppliers in support of the PVH GQM & FEF protocols.
- Provide routine merchandising duties and assist in other ad hoc duties
- Assist management for Sourcing, Sampling, Costing, Merchandising follow up related communication.
- Communicate and prepare meetings with suppliers.
- Support department daily operation/equipment maintain etc.
- Prepare material swatches & co-ordinates raw material to send out to New York office counterpart.
- Maintain material library.
- Willing to learn new knowledge and adapt to new responsibilities.
- Ability to work with multi-cultural, multi-lingual, counter-parts and Being open to changes.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE Education & Experience:
- Embrace PVH's core values: Individuality, Partnership, Passion, Integrity, and Accountability.
- Post-secondary degree with a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in material merchandising across fabrics and soft / hard trims. Textile major is preferred.
- Basic Woven & Knit textile knowledge is required. Additional experience on soft and hard trim management would be an advantage.
- Good judgment & decision-making skills (with an ability to get to root cause analysis).
- Must be detailed oriented, resourceful, have excellent follow-up skills; learning and using all appropriate contacts to gather information & drive solutions.
- Must be flexible and able to function in a fast-paced environment, with competing priorities and deadlines.
- MS Office, Outlook are basic, preferable has experience on Excel & PLM/ Centric
- Excellent communication, written & verbal English skills