As our Financial Controller you will be responsible for the production of our management information pack and its development including forecasting and budgeting, cash flow forecasting, analysis of key data, setting lead and lag KPIs and monitoring and ensuring all of MI is robust for the purposes of the Senior Leadership Team. Your role is to maintain real time information and develop dashboards highlighting areas of concern for the SLT.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
These include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with internal teams taking responsibility for the preparation and delivery of management accounts (including consolidations), cash flow statements, VAT returns and overseeing the accounting activities demonstrating diligence and attention to detail throughout the process.
- Ability to review management information and offer insight using financial and non-financial KPIs for delivery to clients and key stakeholders.
- Preparation of year end accounts information to be used by our Accountants.
- Build relationships with production managers and SLT where appropriate.
- Supervise and oversee those working with you to ensure high quality standards are met and work completed within the assigned timeframes.
- Efficient and confident communication when dealing with queries, maintaining good relationships, including attending client premises when required.
- Responsibility for the efficient flow of data between colleagues and systems using technology.
- Ownership of the overall deliverables within budgets and communication.
- Up to date understanding of the industry we operate within and commercial developments
- Professional at all times, maintaining our values and ethos.
- Identifies technical issues, researches, and suggests solutions and works with the team and wider business to resolve problems and issues. Thinks beyond compliance.
Organisation ‘Fit’ & Values
- You will be an ambassador for Rat & Boa, actively promoting the company both inside and outside the business.
- You are outgoing, approachable and supportive.
- You have a proven ability to manage workloads and conflicting priorities in a busy work environment.
- You view and welcome constructive criticism as a means for development and improvement.
Contribution this role has to make to the Business:
- Clear and confident communication techniques and ability to feedback to all members of staff
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to manage time to meet deadlines, including organising to ensure deadlines and budgets are met
- Competent with cloud based accounting packages and good knowledge of Xero and/or QBO
- Good IT skills including confidence with using Excel including charting and macros
- Online software experience across a diverse range of packages is advantageous; such as Fathom and Dext Precision
- Competent technical knowledge of VAT matters, MTD and domestic reverse charge, import and export
- Competently oversee the preparation and submission of VAT returns applying technical knowledge
- Practical application of technical accounting knowledge to real life situations such as currency movements
- Demonstrates commerciality
- Collaborates well with others, sharing ideas and knowledge
- Demonstrates diligence and attention to detail
- Work experience as a Financial Controller
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field
- Either working towards or qualified in a relevant qualification (AAT, ACCA, CIMA)
- Must be able to work well both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Excellent communication skills, able to provide clear direction and leadership on creative concepts visually and verbally.
Note: This job description is a guide to the principal, current duties of the job. It does not form part of the contract of employment.