The Director, Events is responsible for leading and organizing multiple projects in the fields of exhibitions & special projects. This role is responsible for conceptual design through a creative approach, design development, project reviews, project communications, quality and design control, scheduling, and project reporting.
The Director will think strategically while also being equipped with strong project management skills, attention to detail, interpersonal skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple vendors. Additionally, this role will lead projects, manage budgets, and oversee technical complexities of each special event project.Location:
This position is in-person with a hybrid schedule at our Corporate Headquarters in New York.Project Management
Work cross functionally to conceptualize the most innovative and best in class events that can be tailored for press and client facing.
Partner and partner with key stakeholders on conceptualizing and project management of strategic events linked to retail objectives.
Design and support events such as Brand exhibitions, product launches including high jewelry, boutique opening concepts, VIC client and press experience programs.
Develop and run project plans, ensuring the project team is clear on deliverables, timelines and roles and responsibilities.
Lead the overall event processes and proactively develop various components (including event concept, decor, entertainment, social activations, etc.) involving key stakeholders.
Provide support to VP, with necessary management skills for both day-to-day project responsibilities, agency and client and freelance team management.
Working knowledge of budgets and negotiations while strengthening proficiency in logistics, functioning and formatting.
Innovative thinker who continuously researches and is updated on current and relevant area of design, technology, industry standards, vendors/talent, artists, music, pop culture, etc.Vendor Partnership
Work collaboratively with leadership to source and secure project resources within budget.
Foster and maintain relationships within the events industry and appropriate event vendors.
Source and lead production companies, agencies, and vendors to ensure they are meeting the specific design direction and guidelines that are in line with Tiffanys strategy, brand, image & budget.
Uphold and promote Tiffany brand ideals with vendors and freelancers within industry.
The hiring range for this position ranges from $131,495 - $185,640. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience. Management is also eligible for bonus.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years proven experience on events & exhibitions in luxury, fashion & jewelry retail, branding and design industries
- Strong believer in teamwork and multidisciplinary approach, able to create excellent interpersonal relations
- Passion for building brands and challenging status quo, with a cultural awareness that advises key concepts and emerging trends
- Outstanding creative skills with a forward-thinking and innovative approach
- Creative strategy and Project development experience, including operational plans and compelling presentations
- Strong drive for outstanding and magnificent execution and attention to details
- Proactive attitude and comfortable navigating through uncertainty while continuing to set challenging objectives and goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of competitive luxury landscape
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Some travel involved