Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
As a product copywriter at Burberry, you are responsible for maintaining and adapting the brand's tone of voice through all assigned projects and contributing to a cohesive message across internal and external communications. You're the critical connection between what is great about the product and what the consumer wants to hear.
Digital marketing is an integral part of the role. You'll bring a strong commercial sensibility to the nuts and bolts of online retail and an understanding of how the marriage of content and commerce applies to the product channels.
With a conscientious approach, you'll present ideas on ways to improve the customer journey and experience, using copy to further engage and entice. You'll enjoy working collaboratively, sharing knowledge and best practices.
Along with a relevant degree (or equivalent qualification), you have a minimum of three years' experience, working in a copywriting role within a fashion/luxury brand and/or marketing agency.
Just as important will be the personal qualities you bring to the role: confidence, motivation, credibility, strong communication, collaboration, with the ability to adapt to change and a willingness to bring the very best to the team.
• Product Copywriter (maternity cover)
• 12-month contract, five days a week
• Hybrid working with expectation to come into the office as required
• Based at the Burberry headquarters, Horseferry House, London
• Creating copy for BAU product descriptions as well as important business moments including runway shows, design collaborations and pop-ups.
• Attend regular meetings with key stakeholders and third parties, including product development, fabric, and merchandising, to obtain key information for the team.
• Write taxonomy copy for the Burberry website.
• Work closely with the product copy team to develop lexicons and standardised copy for seasonal collections, to inform product, editorial and marketing channels.
• Assist with PR information requests.
• Work to tight schedules and deadlines, ensuring all projects are delivered on time and to brief.
• Excellent writing and editing skills are a must - demonstrating creative flair, accuracy and an eye for detail
• Ability to work on multiple projects, under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Experience with fashion or luxury brand preferred
• Experience in copywriting for marketing/advertising literature including the web
• Experience in proof-reading
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.