At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
The overall purpose for this role is management and delivery of key procurement processes supporting the Commercial Procurement Team. The role will work closely with all members of the Commercial Procurement Function including our regional based colleagues, as well as our other colleagues in Procurement Operations, Legal and Finance.
This is a great development opportunity for someone looking to really kick-start their career in procurement. The Commercial Operations Administrator will be a custodian of departmental processes and values and will interface with much of the business.
This is a 12 month FTC.
This role is based in Leeds.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the business in the onboarding of all new global suppliers for Burberry, including due diligence activities for new suppliers
- Liaising with the business to ensure that they are familiar with and understand their role in the process
- Supporting with any supplier-related queries as they may arise
- Actively seeking opportunities to continuously improve existing process, including suggestions for system enhancements
- Supporting the team in responding to internal procurement-related queries. Over time, ensuring that the team are meeting their internal business KPIs and supporting on the internal reporting thereof.
- Support category planning processes, including assisting Category Management with procurement activity planning and project delivery for the year ahead
- Assisting the team with key supplier plans
- Support the set up of sourcing activities and where required, support Category Management in summarising final recommendations to the business.
- Supporting the Commercial Procurement team with historic spend analysis and reporting
- Monitoring compliance to relevant policies as required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Collaborative, pragmatically minded individual that brings others with them on a journey of cultural change
- Self-motivated, high energy level, and a positive attitude
- Relevant experience in either core customer service, buying/procurement.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint required.
- Experience of SAP Ariba and Adobesign or Docusign desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to inspire trust and confidence.
- A real problem solver with a completer/finisher mindset.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || NO DEPARTMENT - FAT9081 || n/a ||