With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.POSITION OBJECTIVE
This role is responsible for ensuring the accuracy, completeness, and consistency of customer data. This position will be responsible for designing the customer master data model and architecture to support customer analytics and marketing and loyalty operations. This position will work with various departments within the organization to ensure that customer data is collected, stored, and used in a manner that is compliant with relevant regulations and company policies. FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collects and maintains customer data for the organization while also protecting the data assets. Also organizes data according to the company's preferences.
- Establishes procedures for data entry and data sharing processes to prevent duplicated or corrupted information from appearing in the database.
- Creates and enforces data policies to ensure data security. Monitors data usage to locate abnormalities and prevent breaches.
- Analyzes data to identify trends and patterns. Responsible for reporting internal metrics to relevant members of the organization and identifies, tracks, and evaluates issues regularly.
- Maintains master and references data in the Master Data Management (MDM) and ERP systems.
- Facilitates cross-functional data set-up activities to ensure data creation meets all applicable business process milestones.
- Ensures the right controls are built around the creation and maintenance of customer master data through the organization and application teams.
- Leads large/complex projects to improve data quality or optimize processes.
- Maintains liaison with product management leaders and business partners to assess and evaluate customer data related enhancements and new technologies to maximize business impact while maintaining and building an innovative architecture to increase speed to market.
- Provides guidance on maintaining and enhancing the enterprise Customer 360 - view of the customer and its related attributes derived from multiple data domains including transaction, demand, interaction, marketing touchpoints, etc.
- Evaluates technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities in line with the architecture technology strategy of the organization, and exceeding business needs wherever possible.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing technical and cultural guidance, delivering feedback, and in the end empowering the team to be self-driven.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering, or equivalent education
- 8+ years enterprise level data integration solutions development experience in technologies including SQL, GCP-Big Query NoSQL, Integration tools etc. Included in this is:
- 3+ years in a supervisory capacity
- 5+ years of experiencing architecting and data modeling of customer data
- Strong experience in designing, coding, testing and maintaining database objects, tables, views, packages, functions, procedures, indexes, sequences and triggers in SQL
- Experience translating requirements into technical specifications including the data modelling, designing and data flow diagrams
- Working experience on Scheduling tools like Orchestrator, ActiveBatch
- Excellent problem solving, issue identification, analytical and technical documentation skills
- Must demonstrate strong communication and team collaboration skill
- Must be flexible and available to provide off-hours support when required
- Must have experience working with teams in Agile methodology
- Must have a deep appreciation of data and integration. Its use, its ability to be a guide and its architecture
- Must be able to work effectively with cross-functional teams across the technology landscape to provide guidance for customer data related solutions
- Previous retail industry experience preferred
- Experience working with customer data platforms, loyalty platforms, analytics platforms preferred
- SQL, and Microsoft related integration technologies
- SAS Customer Intelligence Platform
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Jira, Confluence
- Scheduling tools including Orchestrator and Activebatch
- GCP-Big Query
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.