The Diamond & Gemstone Supply Planning team plays a critical role in Tiffany's supply chain, strategically assessing business requirements by conducting timely and effective analysis of demand versus supply. The team provides essential insights and direction to Procurement, as well as the internal manufacturing network. This process involves accurate data collection and interpretation, utilizing tools like JDE, Business Objects, DAS, Advanced Planning System. Collaboration with cross functional groups such as Demand Planning, Inventory Planning, Product Development, Category management, Diamond Acquisition and JDIW is integral to achieving these objectives.
The Analyst will support and assist the team (Director and Manager(s)) by gathering, analyzing & reporting diamond supply related information, employing diverse analytical techniques and software tools, including advanced MS Excel and Power BI. Responsibilities will encompass both routine and ad hoc tasks, involving the aggregation and interpretation of supply chain data to generate actionable insights and reports.Key Accountabilities
Reporting and Analysis
- Collects pertinent diamond data from the supply chain and stone pipeline, producing outputs for further analysis and assessment.
- Identifies and assesses near to medium term capacity constraints, collaborating with Manager to devise and review action plans.
- Identifies anomalies and outliers in source data, makes recommendations and implements improvement to processes and procedures.
- Converts data inputs into concise summaries, incorporating numerical, statistical, and visualization elements to create actionable insights for the team.
- Updates regular reporting (daily, weekly, monthly) using systems like JDE, Business Objects, Power BI, APS, and DAS, offering a real-time perspective on the pipeline.
Supply Chain Planning
- Translates finished goods demands into necessary polished production/procurement based on the current pipeline.
- Maintains view of our incoming pipeline to proactively address potential constraints or challenges in meeting demand.
- Identifies and comprehends demand fluctuations, utilizing scenario analysis to anticipate potential impacts on inventory.
- Uses simulations and scenario analysis to analyze impact of ad-hoc request for new product launches and off-cycle demand requests.
- Monitors and tracks High Jewelry (HJ) demand, including Line Jewelry layouts, Blue Book, Schlumberger HJ and various HJ initiatives.
- Provides analysis of diamond and gemstone need and impact to inventory. Assesses ability to support from loose inventory as well as provide recommendations for procurement.
Diamond Planning Team support
- Provides coverage and additional representation for the Diamond & Gemstone Supply Planning team during absences or when external department support is required.
- Possesses the capability and knowledge to represent the team in meetings and presentations when needed
- Complies with security and safety operating procedures. Reports security related and safety observations and incidents to supervisor.
- Undergraduate College Degree
- Ability to work in detail with accuracy
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office - Advanced Excel skills, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication, follow-up and problem solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Solid written & verbal skills; to work under pressure or time sensitive/urgent deadlines
- Working knowledge of JDE or other ERP systems such as SAP, Business Objects, Direct Access Reports and/or analytical software such as Tableau or Alteryx and/or other SQL applications
The hiring range for this position ranges from $74,035.00- $100,165.00. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience.