The Business of Fashion (BoF) is looking to hire an Associate Director of Advisory to join BoF Insights, The Business of Fashion’s data and analysis think tank that arms companies with proprietary, data-driven research and strategic advisory to navigate the fast-changing fashion industry.
Executives, entrepreneurs, and investors in the fashion, luxury and retail industries engage BoF Insights to guide and inform their most important and pressing business decisions.
We are open to applications in both New York and London.
Who Are We?
BoF is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry and is an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries. It has been described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing content, tools and services to support one’s journey through the fashion industry from the classroom to boardroom, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries around the world.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We ensure all applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
Who You Are
- You are an accomplished data-driven consultant or analyst who has a background at a leading management consultancy, research and analysis firm, or financial institution.
- You are intensely curious about consumer, macroeconomic, technological, and other trends shaping BoF’s key industries and have an innate sense of how to conduct compelling analysis about them.
- You are relentlessly focused on distilling second- and third-order insights.
- You excel at communicating complex concepts through charts, infographics and other formats combined with sharp written narratives. In digging into the “why”, “how” and “so what”, you go the extra mile to find the answers.
- You have an abundance of experience in scoping and executing different types of analysis, e.g., category landscapes and company profiles based on interviews and research, consumer surveying, market sizing based on proprietary modelling, and/or financial analysis based on public disclosures.
- You exude the knowledge, poise and presence to conduct interviews with and make presentations to senior audiences.
- You are a creative but analytical thinker. You understand convention, but you do not feel bound by it.
What We Need You To Do
As part of this role you will prospect, plan and lead the execution of advisory projects, e.g.,
- Prospecting: Representing the BoF Insights team in prospective client conversations initiated by the business development team.
- Planning: Determining the optimal quantitative and qualitative analysis to conduct to answer clients’ most pressing strategic questions.
- Analysing: Leading a dedicated project team to conduct research, surveys and interviews and to analyse both quantitative and qualitative data with a strong attention to detail.
- Synthesising: Distilling findings as part of presentation documents to be sent to clients.
- Presenting: Presenting findings to the client’s most senior executives online and in-person.
You’ll Know You’re Successful When…
- You effectively collaborate with the business development team to secure advisory projects.
- You are able to manage a project team and deliver projects efficiently and to the highest standard.
- You are a go-to resource for a range of external clients, including private equity firms, brands, retailers, marketplaces, and startups.
- You can represent BoF Insights at both in-person and online engagements and are viewed as a respected and trusted BoF “ambassador” among industry professionals seeking out our finger-on-the-pulse knowledge.