INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
Chalhoub is the leading partner for luxury in the Middle East. The group is looking to recruit the leader of the finance "The Visitor" business based out of Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The division is responsible to drive sustainable and profitable long-term growth, in Chalhoub's Travel retail business
We offer a fast-paced environment with high level of exposure and opportunities for growth. The role will be the "co-pilot" of the Commercial Director of the Visitor Operation.
- Financial Analysis and Benchmarking
- Deploy Cost Structure in depth review for each Operation and benchmark against best practices in retail & distribution.
- Full in-depth Payroll (together with the Infrastructure Head) & Overhead's review (Rentals, legal contracts, office expenses, logistic contracts, warehouses, etc.)
- Planning, Forecasting & Budgeting
- Develop & Consolidate Financial Statement's Budget (P&L, Balance Sheet & Cash Flow)
- Track performance in the Monthly Business Review (Including P&L performance, DSO Receivables, Stock aging, receivables, productivity KPI's)
- Financial Reporting
- Support the development of Investments P&L's and monthly cash flows. (EBITDA by brand, working capital requirements).
- Be able to automate dashboard on financial performance in Looker/ Power BI
- Negotiation & Decision-Making - Business Partner
- Support Financial Analysis, Pricing Analysis, and contractual negotiations with key Brands.
- Be able to lead the relationship with Auditors and ensure a high level of compliance and protection of the group Assets.
- "Tell the story in numbers". Be able to develop the Investment Thesis for The Visitor. Identification of "avenues of growth" and efficiency opportunity. Track performance against agreed business plan with Excom.
- Corporate Finance Modelling in Participation in new tenders.
- Team Coordination & Knowledge Sharing
- Team Management . Be a successful link between Chalhoub Managed Companies brands & Joint Ventures with the Visitor Operations. Be a key representative with Chalhoub brand finance leaders and operations teams.
What you'll need to succeed
- Financially Certified (ACCA, CPA, CFA).
- Masters in Corporate Finance or an MBA from a Top Tier International University would be a plus.
- 7 - 10 years of Working Experience in leading multinational or regional organization.
- Highly analytical and detailed oriented. A business case will pursue.
- Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment.
- Capability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Big Four Background in Transaction & Advisory Services, Commercial Finance Experience in a Blue-Chip Multinational in FMCG or Beauty, Fashion, is a must.
- Strong Communication Skills . Experience with C- Level, Consultants & Commercial Directors.
- The candidate needs to be preferably based already in KSA. However, he/she should be willing to be operative by February 2024.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department FINANCE Role Finance Manager