Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. Job Overview:
The Fashion Director will serve as a vital link in crafting and connecting brand storytelling across Buying, Creative, Marketing, Site Merchandising and Visual teams. They will partner cross functionally to ensure that all products showcased in our marketing materials, editorial campaigns and visual displays align with our fashion principles and key business objectives. The Fashion Director will collaborate with designers and vendors to identify and curate fashion trends, while cultivating and nurturing relationships with these key partners. They will represent Bloomingdale's as a fashion authority, ensuring a consistent and cohesive point of view. Essential Functions:
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Identify upcoming fashion trends, new brands, themes, and key classifications to influence our product assortment.
- Direct the buying calendar and fashion voice for exclusive capsules, editorial campaigns, and gifting initiatives, balancing fashion authority with business objectives.
- Collaborate closely with Creative, Marketing, Site Merchandising and Visual teams to formulate comprehensive 360, omnichannel programs that drive brand messaging and align with buying strategy.
- Conceptualize, influence, and execute brand pop-ups and luxury client private events.
- Act as Bloomingdale's spokesperson, presenting seasonal trends to editors and the press.
- Attend market appointments with merchants and travel to industry fashion shows.
- Fortify and nurture relationships with new brands and the vendor community, and actively pursue prospective partners.
- Prioritize DEI considerations when determining how trends and assortments relate to our customers.
- Continuously monitor the competition and share insights and opportunities with broader teams.
We encourage candidates with either a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field to apply
3-5 years related experience
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
This job description is not all inclusive; additionally, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's, Bloomingdale's, and Blue Mercury - is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.