Maharishi is seeking a Product Developer to support its growing Design and Production departments. This new position will deliver the end to end product development process across all product categories and will act as a liaison with external vendors.
- Ensuring close working relationships with Design, ensuring their vision is feasibly translated into product.
- Establishing effective working relationships with vendors and developing a strong working knowledge of their capabilities.
- Collaborating with and communicating across Merchandising, Design, Production, Garment Technology and Buying teams to ensure all interests are represented in deliverables.
- Understanding aesthetic and cost demands and communicating them effectively to vendors.
- Ensuring initial product costings are in line with margin targets and managing cross costing where necessary.
- Sourcing new suppliers and ongoing review of supplier capabilities.
- Responsible for timely handover of collection with feedback from internal stakeholders.
- Continually developing trims, fabrics, finishes and techniques.
- Creating tech packs and managing fabric and trim library.
- 3+ years experience in Menswear development and / or production team.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with a forward thinking nature.
- High awareness of general fashion trends and how they relate to pattern silhouettes, fabrics, styles, etc.
- Positive attitude with the willingness to make real change in a growing organisation.
- Proficiency in Adobe CC essential.
- Proficiency in Excel / Google Sheets required.
- Willingness to travel overseas to visit manufacturers.