Maharishi is seeking a Garment Technician to support its growing Design and Production departments. This new position will be instrumental in ensuring quality, fit and functionality of garments - from the initial design stage through to final production.
- Work closely with Design and Product Development teams to review and establish consistent templates across the core collection.
- Creating and maintaining detailed technical specifications for garments, including: measurements, materials, construction methods and finishing techniques.
- Preparing patterns for manufacturing process and assisting with inspection of garment construction / fit at all stages of sampling and production.
- Confidently run seasonal fit meetings.
- Take ownership of master blocks and grading rules ensuring consistency across supplier base.
- Liaise directly with vendors with updates to fit and other issues.
- Review test reports and washcare label contents.
- 3+ years experience in a similar role.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with a forward thinking nature.
- Experience in pattern making and technical sewing preferred.
- High awareness of general fashion trends and how they relate to pattern silhouettes, fabrics, styles, etc.
- Positive attitude with the willingness to make real change in a growing organisation.
- Proficiency in Adobe CC desired, but not essential.
- Proficiency in Excel / Google Sheets required.
- Willingness to travel overseas to visit manufacturers.