Creative, Passionate, Enthusiastic. Our Sales and Marketing Intern will have the opportunity to be fully involved in helping us develop and create content for ecommerce and marketing channels. You will be working closely with the whole team and will have the opportunity to be responsible for your contribution.
Shaku is an emerging brand with a global presence, and we are constantly experimenting and trying different strategies to improve our brand presence and our sales.
This role is ideal for both (1) graduates with a thirst for knowledge and an ability to match, AND (2) experienced assistants looking for a challenge to truly develop and expand their skillset. The successful candidate will be considered for a full time role at the end of the internship.
As the Sales and Marketing Intern, you will be responsible for:
- Selling products at fairs: you need to have a great personality and be happy to talk to customers and encourage them to try our products.
- Selling online: taking that ability to sell, you will get to apply it to the creation of fortnightly emails to send to our mailing list
- Buyer reach out: contact buyers and work on getting sales through wholesale
- Ecommerce: update homepage banners, develop our customer experience strategies to help promote sales and brand awareness
- Blog writing: be able to write interesting and well researched articles for our blog to increase brand awareness and encourage sales
- Support with social media
- Support with admin, including packing orders and stock counting
- Graduated with a 2.1 and above – any degree but must have solid critical thinking and writing skills
- Strong interest in fashion and marketing
- Confident and happy communicator
- Basic understanding of Photoshop
- Critical thinker, able to understand concepts and come up with new ideas
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in written English
- Be a self starter, passionate about creating interesting and innovative storytelling
Your Employment With Us
This is a paid internship, and you will be paid according to National Minimum Wage.
You will be expected to work three days per week, i.e. 20 hours including a 1 hour paid lunch break each day, excluding bank holidays.
This is not a remote internship, and we will expect you to come to our office in NW6, next to Finchley Road Station.
You must have the right to work in the UK.