The Senior Director of Planning develops, executes and communicates strategic merchandise financial plans that support the company's financial, product, and marketing objectives; responsible for driving top line financial plans from a divisional level to a department/category/Program/Hero Item level, strategically managing the business in order to maximize sales and margin, and optimizing inventory; develops and contributes to the development of Brand initiatives, and ensures that all planning activities support annual goals.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
Create strategic financial plans for Omni-Channel that support the company's objectives and brand goals from a bottoms up perspective
- At a division/department level, develop sales, gross margin, and inventory plans that support the company's profit objectives. Collaborate with direct reports in planning and the merchandising team to ensure that financial objectives align with product opportunities.
- Guide the planning and merchandising team, utilizing historical data and current trends, to capitalize on new opportunities, and identify risks. Understand opportunities and risks from direct reports and communicate to key business partners including merchandising, finance, marketing, visual, demand planning and brand leaders.
- Oversea pre-season assortment plans which support both the merchandising, build out the assortment architecture that the buying team uses to build assortments.
- Develop, train and lead planning team including planner and planning assistant
- Build strong business relationships with Demand Planning, Wholesale Operations and Fulfillment teams to determine long range capacity planning, short and mid-range inventory needs to drive sales and GM, use demand plan to validate key program/hero item plans for OTB and Power Plan. Develop relationship to better utilize demand/fulfillment plans to support merchandise plans and identify inventory opportunities & risks.
- Participate in task force/ special projects with leadership contributing to broader strategic and resource planning conversations across the company.
Weekly Business Management
- Meet with planner to understand weekly forecasts, category opportunities and risks, markdown recommendations, and reflowing of inventory. Ensure that all decisions are based on historical data and/or current trends and collect information to create global action plans.
- Present "action points" to senior management and gain consensus on business approach.
- Manage seasonal liabilities and delivery performance at a divisional level. Guide planner to tactically manage liabilities and drive opportunities.
Owner of the monthly OTB
- Review 90 day forecasts with a focus on maximizing profit, optimizing inventory, and managing risk across divisions. Challenge the team to incorporate marketing, markdown, and inventory management plans to exploit business prospects.
- Drive sales and margin in focus categories and hero items.
- Pre-meet with divisional leadership to gain consensus prior to monthly OTB meeting.
- Lead and direct the monthly OTB meeting providing guidance to business leaders and finance. Understand the impact of the current 90 day forecast on the balance of the year. Focus on long range action plans in order to exceed corporate plans.
Assortment Planning & Assortment Planning Prep
- Meet with planning team to review historical performance at the category and key item level. Understand and validate analysis by source, delivery, and category to merchants to understand prior performance and develop future goals.
- Pre-season create divisional and departmental plans to support the development of the line . Monitor assortment plans which support both the merchandising, build out the assortment architecture that the buying team uses to build assortments Assortment plans
- Set sales, margin, flow, and IMU goals prior to the planning of each delivery. Reconcile tops down and bottom up forecasts prior to the passing of receipts to the merchant organization.
- Participate in buy review with merchants, planners, store planners and allocators to ensure appropriate breadth and depth, and flawless execution. Collaborate with lead merchants to ensure that plans support product goals.
- Lead and facilitate buy finalization meeting with merchant. Review pre-season plans that support new assortment. Identify risks and opportunities relative to product, flow, and presentation.
- Gain consensus on assortment and plans from senior management. Manage the locking process for seasonal plans. Forecast seasonal and source plans to validate key metrics.
Managing and Developing Talent
- Train, develop, and manage direct reports to support succession planning initiatives. Assess talent in order to provide "stretch" opportunities for current staff. Offer consistent and timely feedback to direct reports.
- Create a dynamic team environment that encourages collaboration and creativity within the business unit and across brands.
- Lead planning silo ensuring that all company objectives and current and future business plans are executed. Provide clear direction to all levels managing details as appropriate.
- Identify top talent and infuse new bench strength within organization to support succession planning.
Direct: Sr Planner, Planner, Associate Planner, Planning Assistant
Indirect: N/AQUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:Experience:
- Minimum 10-15 years merchandise planning experience; 15 - 20 years of total work experience
- Demonstrated experience
- Presenting and recommending strategies and building a business case
- Driving business to exceed company plans
- Leading and developing a team of at least 3 direct reports
- Strategic forecasting for a multidimensional business
- Assuming additional areas of accountability successfully
- Influencing and negotiating at a variety of levels
Four-year degree, advanced degree a plusSkills:
- Analytical/Math Skills
- Project Management
- Strategic Forecasting & Financial Planning
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presenting complex material in an organized and compelling manner
- Well-versed in planning and allocation systems, as well as advanced Microsoft windows applications
Pay Range: $145,000 - $170,000
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH