Paul Smith is one of Britain’s leading independent design companies. We champion positivity, curiosity, and creativity. These qualities underpin every Paul Smith design, whether it’s a shirt, a shop, or a special collaboration. Reaffirming the values that Paul set down in 1970, ‘classic with a twist’ remains the guiding principle of the company. Happily, positioned between high fashion and formalwear, while taking reference from both, Paul Smith has always been proud to stand apart.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Merchandising Assistant to provide general support to the Outlet Merchandising team, covering specific product areas, which are overseen by senior members in the team and providing broader cover as and when necessary. Ensure that replenishment, manual movements, and consolidations are actioned based on all available data and report on them accordingly.
• Run Regular weekly trade/ business reports in a timely and accurate manner and contribute to the weekly team trade meeting.
• Liaise with the Warehouse and distribution department as needed, especially regarding ensuring priority stock is being pushed out to stores.
• Promptly answer all telephone calls and emails from stores relating to stock queries and assist the stores by informing them as to where to locate specific stock requests when required.
• Take responsibility for specific product groups and ensure they are maintained according to the seasonal calendar, including updating the replenishment plan, processing manual stock movements, and consolidating stock.
• Support the merchandising team in any day-to-day ad hoc tasks and housekeeping stock inventories as needed.
• Compile store and product information and distribute in on a rolling basis.
• Assist with the set-up of the seasonal launch and allocation plan and any external pop-up sales as needed.
Your Skills and Experience
• Previous experience in a retail role and/or merchandising, dealing with deliveries, handling stock, maintaining stock levels and shop operations.
• Credible experience of the lifestyle market both nationally and internationally.
• Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Word and Excel.
• Experience of analysing and interpreting high volumes of information, data and producing accurate reports to set deadlines and undertaking administration duties.
• Able to identify target customer groups and apply to long term strategies.
Who you are
• Highly systematic and well organised with the ability to prioritise own workload to meet set deadlines.
• Very methodical, accurate and speedy with excellent planning, prioritisation and organisational skills.
• A team worker who can work using their own initiative and is able to build effective working relationships.
• Flexible and able to work extended hours over busy periods if necessary.
• Keen interest in fashion and current trends.
What’s in it for you
• A generous clothing allowance.
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods.
• An annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus Bank Holidays.
• Pension Scheme.
• Hybrid working.
• Cycle to work and travel loan schemes.
At Paul Smith, we celebrate and encourage applications from all walks of life into our growing workforce. We are committed to empowering people from any background, belief system, or ethnicity, offering an inclusive environment where talent is recognised and valued.