Burberry is looking for a Product Quality Technician to join the Internal Manufacturing Quality team in Castleford. You will promote a "Right First Time" approach in production with primary focus on minimising rework in manufacturing cells and lines by enhancing the capabilities of operatives. The team, including the Production Quality Control unit, collaborates closely with Production Team Leaders to conduct regular quality checks at key points, contributing to the overall Total Quality Performance measurement, where team performance plays a crucial role.
Burberry is looking for somebody that is available to work night shifts, Monday to Thursday.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Ensure that all inspection operations and operatives are part of the daily quality checks within the manufacturing lines.
- Determine levels of checks and frequency based on the SOP risk assessment (Traffic light chart), a pivotal document.
- Mandate PQC inspection at all stations to maintain Burberry production standards.
- Analyse digitally reported checks and report any quality-related concerns, escalating as necessary to the QI Team Leader, and Production Team Leader/Support team.
- Collaborate with the Line PQC team regarding TQP performance results, highlighting key focus areas and report the TOP 3 issues weekly.
- Adhere to critical tools as outlined in the PQT Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). These tools are essential to the role, must be maintained, and used daily. Any concerns or issues should be reported to your QI Team Leader.
- Knowledge of garment construction is required
- Available to work night shifts - Monday to Thursday
- Promote best practise and encourage positive thinking
- Able to prioritise and manage own workload
- Eye for detail
- Proficient level of literacy and numeracy
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word