The Specialist Talent Development strategically manages all aspects of New Hire Onboarding experience and partners in delivery of talent Development and college programming in partnership with the Directors of Stores and Central Talent Development. This includes assessing needs, course development, managing Onboarding Plans, facilitating classes, managing the website, managing the LMS and communications. The Specialist Onboarding & Talent Development guides and inspires new Bloomingdale's Executives and internal promotions to deliver business metrics in a highly engaged environment-Like No Other Store. This position requires a blend of leadership presence, facilitation technique (both systems and soft skill), time management, LMS system management and collaborative communication with Leadership, TD Partners, Macys and Subject Matter Experts. Essential Functions: New Hire Onboarding Experience Stores & Central :
College Programs & Ongoing Training
- Lead the strategy and execution of the continuous improvement of the Onboarding Experience that connects our new hires to our Brand and team and prepares them for seamless assimilation to role.
- Partner with the HRBPs, Talent Acquisition & the business leadership to ensure updated Onboarding Plans and consistent implementation.
- Develop the Orientation materials in partnership with Directors of Talent Development and ensure all parties are prepared to deliver excellence to the new hire.
- Create and manage an intuitive and user-friendly Onboarding site that delivers high user engagement.
- Lead Central New Hire Orientation & Monthly Onboarding: facilitate, develop materials, communicate, and ensure the HRBPs, TA, the business and new hires are engaged.
- Collaborate to develop College & other education & programs in partnership with Directors Stores and Central Development.
- Evaluate and measure effectiveness of education and modify as needed based on results
- Partner with Stakeholders and Leadership to develop Subject matter expert led content and align with priorities.
- Develop materials, facilitate content, create the communication strategy and lead Train the Trainers for Subject-matter experts.
- Manage Bloomingdale's Learning Management System in partnership with Macys
- Manage education content access through the company portal
- Ownership or team participation in specific roll-outs, launches and programs. Partner with Stakeholders for needs assessment, creation of TD strategy, development of curriculum, and facilitation.
- New Store opening course creation, facilitation, and administrative support.
- Education/Experience: We encourage candidates with either a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field to apply. Able to deliver both systems and soft skills training. Minimum 5-8 years relevant experience.
- Communication Skills: Strong written & verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively present information clearly & concisely. exceptional presentation and facilitation skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Strong conceptual & creative thinker, multi-task, meets deadlines & prioritize.
- Other skills: Understands Adult Learning theory. Strong team player, able to effectively develop & maintain collaborative partnerships with all levels of the business. Strong understanding of retail & retail training programs. Self- motivated & inspiring to others, with collaborative working style, demonstrating a passion & commitment to Diversity & Inclusion Proficiency in Articulate, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Work Hours: Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs. Up to 10% Travel.
This job description is not all inclusive.
In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Updated Date: 11.7.23