Title: Senior Ecommerce Manager
Reporting to: Omni Channel Director
Based in: Head Office - Shoreditch London, remote work not available
Working Pattern: Mon-Fri (Days may change during peak)
*The stated experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills and passion for the brand can be demonstrated.
We are deeply committed to shifting from being a B Corp sustainable business to a truly regenerative one, giving back more than we take. We are a work in progress and the successful candidate will have an innovative and proactive approach in everything they do to support this commitment and our wider mission.
They have a strong social and environmentally aware mindset with a constant desire to improve the management of their division in ways that align with the company's goal to become regenerative.
The Senior eCommerce Manager will lead our eCommerce function, and will be tasked with optimising our websites, improving user experience, and maximising conversion and LTV. Responsibilities will extend across all territories, but with a focus on growth in North America. The Senior eCommerce Manager will work alongside the Omnichannel Commercial Director and play a key role in shaping our online commercial strategy. In this role the goal is to ensure that our websites align with our aspirations and resonate with our diverse customer base, driving growth and profitability.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Commercial delivery and strategy
● Execute the global eCom strategy to achieve sales and profit targets in line with annual budgets and overall business ambitio
● Manage the eCom P&L ensuring sales, costs and profit remain in line with the budget, and complete forecast revisions as necessary
● Develop best practices as it relates to the end customer; drive CVR, AOV and LTV
● Work with Omnichannel director to set KPI benchmarks from analytics and competitive analysis; review and provide insight to leadership as needed
● Develop analytics tools and the capability to monitor performance and achievement of strategic goals, and drive knowledge and insight of consumer behaviour
● Monitor, report on and implement initiatives to constantly improve and drive key KPIs
● Monitor website performance, orders, sales and shipments, working closely with the key internal teams in resolving issues
● Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in e-commerce, incorporating relevant innovations into House of Hackney’s strategy
Customer journey and development
● Ensure that House of Hackney delivers a consistent and considered customer journey, in accordance with global brand guidelines across all customer groups
● Champion online CX, putting strategies in place to acquire and retain customers through digital channels
● Use customer insight to recruit and drive repeat purchases, and ensure all activities are enhancing brand values
● Connect the cross-channel customer journey, and liaise with channel/regional leads for continuous improvement opportunities
● Responsible for the user experience of the website, blending this with tech innovation to support all selling channels
● Ensure customer journeys are checked and tested regularly, suggesting areas for refinement and positive change
● Oversee all web production processes, including collection launches and key development deliverables (incl. ongoing bug fixes and larger strategic projects)
● Create and implement testing plan, and recommend ongoing improvements
CRM and Digital Marketing
● Develop and oversee the effective planning and localised execution of content and campaigns to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of publishing
● Oversee performance marketing channels - SEM, SEO, CRM, display, affiliates, etc.
● Input into the setting and monitoring of performance marketing KPIs
● Propose and implement campaigns and improvements to grow database
● Ensure compliance/digital marketing best practice is achieved across consent management, localised policies, etc.
● Work in close conjunction with the Production Team to manage and plan online merchandising of products, ensuring current options are stocked and available; monitor inventory levels and highlight replen and growth opportunities
● Work with the Operations and Global Sales teams to optimise our omnichannel services offering, driving engagement at all levels and continuing to deliver incremental sales and meet targets
● Work with the Operations team to ensure the end-to-end operational customer journey meets House of Hackney standards, including maintaining fulfilment SLAs, fraud management and customer services
● Support Global sales team to build relationships with House of Hackney’s online wholesale, concession and marketplace partners; work with the Operations team to launch new partners
Leadership and team management
● Manage, motivate and nurture the eCommerce team, spanning the functional areas of trading, content, production, performance marketing and 3rd party partners
● Oversee the timely execution of daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal reports
● Set dept and team goals to ensure efficient running of department, with clear focus on priorities to deliver overarching company targets and goals
● Lead by example and inspire team to drive proactive, positive environment to thrive
● Lead the digital team, inspire, set goals, train and mentor the team to achieve them
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
● Extensive eCommerce experience, preferably for a luxury brand
● Proven track record of successfully managing, growing and localising eCommerce global operations, with a strong understanding of US market dynamics
● Ability to influence and build strong partnerships across the business
● Experience of managing all online/performance marketing channels – SEO, PPC, email, affiliates, retargeting, display etc.
● Analytical mindset and proficiency in using web analytics tools (GA, Hotjar) to derive actionable insights
● Strong business judgement and decision making skills; ability to identify, prioritise, and articulate highest impact initiatives
● Strong organisational and management skills, including experience of working with international teams across time zones
● Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
● Confident team player and leader, with the ability to work at all levels of the organisation to get the job done
As always, there are some perks:
- 22 Days Holiday Allowance + Bank Holidays + Maundy Thursday and a half-day for your birthday
- Seasonal 4 Day Week Scheme, Fridays off all Summer
- Reduced Winter Hours - we're finishing at 4PM every day
- Cycle to Work Loan Scheme
- PayDay Drinks every month
- We have at least two exciting team gatherings each year, like weekends at Trematon Castle and legendary Christmas parties
- If you're a Housemate, you're a part of the House of Hackney family, so we celebrate birthdays in our offices
- Plastic free joiners package
- Monthly team lunches as part of our team meetings
- Breakfast and fruit for everyone and plenty of herbal teas and coffee
- Volunteering days
- Medicash Health and Wellbeing Services - claim back scheme
- Opportunity to join important eco summits and protests
- 30% discount across HOH products and first grabs on sample sale items
Our House is a home for everyone. As a culture led business, we aim to be an inspiring and meaningful place for people to work, and as an equal opportunities employer, we foster an environment in which everyone can learn, grow and be heard - regardless of age or seniority. We strive for and believe in a fully inclusive, diverse, supportive and accepting workplace.. We care about people’s physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. Our Housemates are open-minded people from a range of backgrounds and lived experiences who share our values and culture.
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a visa sponsorship or remote working.