On is taking the global sportswear market by storm and opening a new state-of-the-art warehouse to foster this growth. We seek a Project Manager to lead and implement our large-scale warehouse automation project. You will act as a conduit between our global internal partners and external logistics vendors, ensuring we meet our deadlines and initiatives, and deliver solutions that meet On's objectives.
- Lead On's United States warehouse automation project, managing deadlines, scope, resourcing, reporting, change management, risk analysis, and internal/external team accountability
- Act as the main point of contact for the third-party logistics (3PL) partners as it relates to warehouse design and auditing of current work, ensuring designs can be replicable
- Act as subject matter expert for shuttle systems and conduct quality analysis, able to identify, communicate, and provide mitigation plans for current risks and opportunities of designs and processes
- Document process workflows and improvements, building out process maps and standard operating procedures for future automation or supply chain projects and overall organizational growth
- Foster project collaboration and communication relating to the project, providing regular project updates to senior management and key business partners
- Act as an ambassador for automation within the organization, proactively teaching for a variety of audiences to grow engagement and interest in warehouse automation
- 5+ years of experience in implementing large-scale warehouse automation projects, other automation implementation, or other applicable experience
- Background in managing 3PL partners or working in a 3PL warehouse environment
- Experience in implementing and managing automated warehouse shuttle systems
- Able to understand and translate deeply technical concepts into operational formats and present them to a variety of stakeholders and audiences
- Able to work onsite 3-days a week at our warehouse in Locust Grove, Georgia, fluctuating based on business needs
Meet The Team
We are a collaborative and diverse operations team that partners with all departments at On to deliver WOW to our customers through on-time delivery of products with the highest quality possible. We take pride in exceeding expectations and driving operational excellence by establishing and improving processes, challenging the status quo, and utilizing our external resources when needed.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination. We are requesting that you provide sensitive demographic information such as gender identity and race/ethnicity to help us ensure that we are creating equitable and fair experiences for all potential future team members. You are not required to provide this demographic information and this information will in no way impact your eligibility for hire.