We are looking for a Director of E-commerce to drive the development and optimization of a best-in-class e-commerce site experience, enhancing the customer experience across our Shopify store. This person must be tapped into the eCommerce and digital landscape and be prepared to innovate and improve how customers shop and receive service from end to end. This role will work cross-functionally with marketing, store management, front, and back-end development teams, as well as creative and product development/buying teams, to continue to refine and elevate the customer experience across our website.
THIS ROLE IS BASED IN OUR LA OFFICE
- Manage and oversee daily website operations including ongoing development, sprint planning and releases, content execution, promotional offers, performance, testing, and support.
- Implement new processes, system changes, and standard operating procedures to optimize Omni-Channel operations.
- Oversee concept development, testing, and implementation of site experience initiatives
- Own and optimize storefront customer journeys and end-to-end user experience and spearhead the build of digital touchpoints across the customer journey
- Collaborate with IT/DEV team to create and roll out new web and mobile initiatives and ongoing enhancements
- Serve as a strong advocate for the end-user, armed with quantitative and qualitative data that provides analysis and insights into ways to improve and innovate the eCommerce customer experience continuously.
- Continue to define and execute against a digital roadmap
- Communicate frequently with our platform partners to manage an open projects list, assign priority levels, share project status updates, and document all project details.
- Execute A/B testing strategies and continual campaign improvements that drive increased customer interest, conversion, and sales.
- Work closely with marketing/buying teams to develop promotions, SEO strategies, email campaigns, and performance marketing initiatives.
- Provide ad-hoc, biweekly, and monthly analysis on qualitative and quantitative performance and recommendations for optimizations
- 6+ years Shopify platform experience (Bloomreach and Dynamic Yield experience is a major plus)
- 2+ years’ experience with CRM/email systems and Performance Marketing channels
- An undergraduate degree in Technology, Business, Marketing or related fields is preferred.
- Strong understanding of the latest online marketing concepts, tactics, strategies and best practices, focusing on the end customer experience
- Data, analytics, and tag management knowledge, with a strong focus on operational excellence.
- Knowledge of creating A/B and/or multivariate tests
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on detail
- Strong strategic, conceptual, and leadership skills with the ability to motivate teams
- Resourceful self-starter, with a can-do attitude that thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Strategic thinker willing to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life
- Works well under pressure and can meet tight deadlines with a strong sense of accountability
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills with great attention to detail
- Well organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively