- Day-1 Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for eligible colleagues
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Holiday Time-Off & Flexible Scheduling
- Fully Funded Education Benefits (100% tuition coverage including books and fees)
- Instant access to earned wages with PayActiv
- Enhanced benefits: pet, home & auto insurance & more
- 401(k) plan options available
- Bonus earning opportunities
- Growth potential opportunities
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdale's & Macy's Stores
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. Job Overview
The Bloomie's Team Lead is proficient in all aspects of the selling and service culture, and in operational tasks, including merchandise processing and placement, signing, pricing accuracy and protection of company assets. The Bloomie's Team Lead's supervisory role serves a core function in supporting the Store Manager and Store Leader in creating a customer-centric experience and leading the Bloomie's team in the daily operations of the business, driving sales and profit. The Bloomie's Team Lead must be able to assist with Sales, Service, Merchandising, and Asset Protection functions as needed, demonstrating versatility between those functions as dictated by business need. The Bloomie's Team Lead is a highly engaged and energetic "go-to" resource who leads with a collaborative spirit to drive an engaging work experience for the team and an easy, fun shopping experience for our customers. Essential Functions
Qualifications and Competencies Education Requirements Min/Preferred Education Level Description
- Trains and coaches colleagues on the behaviors and processes to successfully execute the Customer Experience Framework.
- Ensures best possible customer experience by leading work centers including the Front Desk, Visual/Merchandising, Support, and Asset Protection as necessary.
- Performs supervisory functions for total store in the absence of the Store Manager or Store Leader.
- Partners with Store Leaders to ensure outstanding customer experience and execution of operational functions including maintaining elevated visual and merchandising standards throughout the store.
- Leads the coordination of merchandise movement and supports fulfillment activities as needed.
- Prepares and plans for all shipments, transfers, floor moves, signing and markdowns as needed.
- Demonstrates appropriate product knowledge and communicates sales and promotions to team.
- Coaches colleagues providing feedback and redirection if necessary, providing Store Leadership with feedback on team performance.
- Assists with new hire onboarding process and performance management of colleagues.
- Keeps track of schedules, making adjustments regarding PTO or other emergencies
- Cultivates a strong business partnership with store leadership team, trade area, and Central partners as needed.
- Embrace and be proficient with technology.
- Protects Company assets, adhering to all operational and cash office procedures.
Minimum High School or GED High School Diploma or equivalent required Years of Experience Min/Preferred Years of Experience Comments
Minimum 3 3-5 years related experience Competencies
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Frequent use of computers - Able to use and navigate multiple technological devices.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department.
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color vision and climbing ladders.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs.