Our vision is to establish HUGO BOSS as the leading premium tech-driven fashion platform worldwide and to be one of the top 100 global brands. At HUGO BOSS, we work as a team to apply our knowledge, skills and experience together and create a diversity of ideas and solutions. What unites us? We love fashion, we change fashion!
At HUGO BOSS, you have the opportunity to contribute your personality, ideas and creativity - because only when we break new ground together can we create something unique. Become part of our team of more than 17.000 employees worldwide and shape your future at HUGO BOSS!
The Lease Administration & Accounting Manager
will be responsible for all lease admin. and lease accounting responsibilities for HB USA and HB Canada. Ensure all leases are interpreted and updated accurately in all databases for recording, reporting and payments. Reconcile and resolve any discrepancies with Landlord Statements vs. SAP and lease contracts on a monthly basis. Ensure rent and related expenses are accrued and paid in a timely manner. Ensure sales deductions are accurately deducted according to lease terms in sales reporting as well as calculation for % rent payments to landlords. Provide timely and accurate support to Real Estate and Legal Teams during lease negotiations and disputes. Provide timely and accurate support to Controlling team for budgeting of leases and related expenses.What you can expect:Lease Admin Responsibilities:
Lease Accounting Responsibilities:
- Analyze and interpret lease agreements to ensure compliance with lease terms and conditions in terms of payment as well as sales reporting to landlords.
- Research and resolve payment disputes, employing analytical skills to find effective solutions and maintain positive relationships with partners.
- Ensure 100% data integrity such that lease documents are interpreted, abstracted and entered into the system of record accurately.
- Reviews all documents and lease modifications to abstracts financial terms into the database.
- Ongoing verification and abstraction of lease information and appropriate updating of the database, as needed.
- Updates all pertinent real estate information into the database, including lease documents and Landlord invoices.
- Monitors all rent payables including base rent, common area, maintenance charges, taxes, and percentage rents, etc.
- Responsible for correspondence and notices, address and resolve landlord/tenant payment issues, and monitor leases/amendments for rent start-up, operating expense changes, changes in ownership, alteration consent, and lease terminations.
- Oversees and participate in the review, drafting and execution process for legal documents as needed.
- Provide lease interpretation and guidance to Real Estate and Legal Teams.
- Opens and addresses all Landlord related mail/email.
- Collaborate closely with landlord, property management, legal, finance, and other internal business teams, fostering cross-functional partnerships to drive optimal lease administration and improve business outcomes.
- Review and perform desktop audits of operating expense payments, reconciliations, billings and estimates. This includes comparing landlord's calculations to lease requirements/provisions.
- Ensure all landlord statements are reconciled to SAP and to contractual terms on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholder on lease accounting matters.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of real estate lease accounting and lease accounting records.
- Assist with lease negotiations and provide financial analysis to support Real Estate lease decisions.
- Ensure timely and accurate accruals and payment of rent as well as other lease-related expenses.
- Manage the billing/charge generation process including annual tenant reconciliations process ensuring accuracy and timely meetings of deadlines.
- Enhance existing systems as necessary and help identify, create, develop, and deploy new tools, database systems and reporting capabilities to increase efficiencies, data integrity, accuracy, and transparency across all areas of the company.
- Monitor and review work completed by third-party service providers.
- Assume responsibility for overall quality and integrity of all Lease Accounting data and documents.
- Perform accounting and general ledger duties including reconciling assigned accounts on a monthly basis and creating journal entries to correct, reclassify, or record items.
- Work closely with Real Estate, Legal and Construction departments to understand the key terms of lease agreements.
- As part of the month end close process, prepare journal entries relating to but not limited to, minimum rent, prepaid rent, accrued percentage rent, etc.
- Coordinate and track monthly fixed/variable rental payments with Accounts Payable team.
- Assist Real Estate with update of financial data, including monthly payments, within lease profiles.
- Primary point of contact for landlords to resolve billing, reconciliations, coordination of audits and other lease related issues.
- Responsible for assisting Financial Planning & Analysis department with the annual budget and semi-annual forecast process for store occupancy expense accounts.
- Contribute to ensure the timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close based on internal as well headquarter (HQ) deadlines.
- Review if assigned accounting topics are in line with accounting guidelines based on HQ procedures and IFRS updates.
- Support Finance related audits (e.g., annual year-end audit).
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports related to lease accounting.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales reports to landlords.
- Keeping accurate database of sales deductions for sales reporting to landlords as well as for % rent purposes.
Your benefits:HUGO BOSS offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Demonstrated extensive hands-on Lease Management experience
- Expertise in understanding and interpreting complex lease language and communicate lease requirements to stakeholders
- Proficiency with lease database tools
- Consistent track record of successfully completing challenging projects and handling multiple priorities
- Negotiating experience, attention to details and strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- Proven financial, analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, and research skills required
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- 5-10 years or more of lease management and lease accounting experience
- SAP Experience a MUST
- Hybrid Working Model
- Flexible Commuting
- Flexible Fridays & Summer Fridays
- Paid Parental Leave for FT employees
- 21 paid days off (pro-rated based on first year of employment) plus your Birthday off
- Generous Employee Discount Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits with Health Saving Account (HSA) option
- SHIP (Share Investment Program)
- Offers eligible employees the opportunity to become a co-owner and acquire shares in HUGO BOSS AG at special SHIP conditions.
- 401(K) with company match
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Commuter Benefits (Pre-tax)
- Voluntary Benefits and Critical Illness
- Company sponsored Life and Disability benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounts for auto/home/pet insurance
The expected base salary range for this position is from $100,000 - $120,000. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered.
We are a global company with our employees representative of the world at large. Our inclusive culture embraces each person's authenticity and individuality. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. And we believe our equitable work environment helps unleash your full potential and inspires you to thrive.
Do you feel it's time for a new challenge at HUGO BOSS? If so, we look forward telling you all about this job opportunity in a personal conversation. <