At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSE
Burberry is on the search for an exceptional Merchandiser to join our team. Within this role you will begin and take ownership of the end to end process of managing Small Leather Goods with guidance from senior management.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own and drive Product category, managing full lifecycle of product from brief to delist.
- Collaborate with the Merchandising team in developing the strategic plan for the Product category and influence cross-functional team to deliver strategic direction for Small Leather Goods.
- Develop and present the range plan for approval including pricing strategy, COO and competition strategy.
- Develop relationships with cross functional peers across Sourcing, Design, Product Development and Planning.
- Create effective working relationships with Regional Merchandising team to gain product feedback and market research.
- Analyse and feedback on seasonal buys in a strategic and coherent recap
- Accountable for the sample budgets for the category, and ensure the tracking, maintaining and ordering of the Samples are managed effectively.
- Analyse daily/weekly sales reports run by Assistant Merchandiser and propose appropriate action to take.
- Manage accuracy of seasonal market documents / tools including PLM data entry and support the Merchandising Assistant to prepare reports using excel for Merchandising team.
- Be aware of the competitive market and conduct competitive analysis with the Assistant Merchandiser including Pricing Analysis.
- Partner with the Corporate Pricing team to understand price-bands across the three core currencies and report back findings to the Merchandising team; maintain data to support the price structure in PLM.
- Coordinate and support all administration and assistant duties relating to market / product training for the Merchandising team.
- Previous Collection Merchandising experience on Small Leather Goods in a luxury environment
- Already well-established in a Merchandiser level role or above, and confident in driving the full lifecycle of a category
- A strong love for product and awareness of the market, especially in Leather Goods
- Good taste level, creative
- Demonstrates commercial instinct
- Strong analytical and maths skills
- Advanced skills in Excel
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || PRODUCT MERCHANDISING || NO DEPARTMENT - FPT9030 || n/a ||