The Department of Athletics and Recreation is recruiting a pool of applicants for possible Tennis Coaching Staff positions including Head Tennis Coach, Assistant Tennis Coach and Tennis Team Manager. Tennis Coaching Staff members will be responsible for managing all facets of the Women's and Men's Tennis Teams in accordance with NJCAA, NE District, Region XV, and FIT Athletics rules and regulations. Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Assuming full responsibility for student-athlete welfare and team operations during all team-related proceedings.
- Upholding all applicable NJCAA, NE District, Region XV and FIT Athletics rules and regulations.
- Recommending appointment/retention of assistant coach and team manager; providing supervision for these staff members.
- Recruiting quality student-athletes based on academic goals as well as athletic ability.
- Attending all practices and matches; providing team and individual supervision, feedback and development.
- Scheduling, planning and organizing practice sessions.
- Scheduling all regular season matches; completing team registration for all post-season tournaments.
- Planning and coordinating of team travel arrangements.
- Managing team budget and keeping strict records of all expenditures and receipts.
- Recording and reporting results; providing a synopsis of matches for promotion on website and social media.
- Reviewing equipment / apparel inventory and preparing orders after each season.
- Promoting the team by participating in various events / activities on and off campus.
- Overseeing team academic success and personal growth in team members.
- Attending required coaches meetings and completing trainings as assigned.
- Some driving may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
- Particular academic credentials relevant to the position level are required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Two (2) years of tennis coaching experience in an academic setting at the corresponding position level
- Adult CPR / AED and basic first aid certification.
- Valid driver's license in good standing.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Outstanding managerial, organizational, technological and verbal/written communication skills.
- History of success in the areas of recruiting, player development and fostering holistic success in team members.
- Availability for weekday practices and weekend matches.
- Availability for occasional weekday / overnight trips, especially postseason tournaments.
Days/Hours: Varies, in person; occasional overnight trips and weekends.
Head Tennis Coach: $12,500-$13,658
Assistant Tennis Coach: $6,000 - $7,956
Tennis Team Manager: $3,000-$4,500
Terms: FIT coaching positions consist of at-will appointments that last for one fiscal year, and do not carry any medical, annual leave, sick leave, or other fringe benefit entitlement.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made. Pay Equity by State Employers
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visa Sponsorship
Fashion Institute of Technology is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, email@example.com. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements
This position will be required to constantly read and comprehend, occasionally perform calculations, constantly verbally communicate, frequently analyze, and constantly write. The working conditions for this position will be any combination of the classroom, office space and/or outdoors.The physical requirement for this position will require occasional sitting, constant standing, frequent bending, constant walking, and occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs. Application Instructions:
In order to considered for this position, please submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your submitted application materials.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled or as needed.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, we will not be able to contact each applicant individually.
Additional information about the Fashion Institute of Technology can be found at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites applications for the Tennis Coaching Staff in the following positions: Head Tennis Coach, Assistant Tennis Coach and Tennis Team Manager.
FIT Athletics & Recreation, an NJCAA DIII member institution, aims to support Fashion Institute of Technology in its mission to produce self-reliant graduates who are poised for a lifetime of success, and who will be a credit to the institution, their communities and the world. The department mission is to provide a safe and welcoming environment for student involvement, learning and school spirit opportunities enriching both body and mind as a way of promoting holistic health and wellbeing.