We are excited to offer the position of Footwear Designer - Exploration, within the Performance All Day vertical in our design team. You will work in a very fast-moving environment where you will be involved in the full design process of footwear creation starting from concept research to product briefings for production.
- You will be responsible for the design exploration of a whole shoe family
- You own your projects from design concepts through to final delivery
- You design technology-infused movement-lifestyle products
- You will work on developing concepts, mock-ups, visuals, 2D and 3D files for new projects
- You must have an eye for totally new creation and the vision for new opportunities and creative avenues
- Pushing the boundaries must come naturally to you and the ability to visualize and communicate your process to key stakeholders
- You will collaborate with our Zurich and Vietnam based development teams on creating functional and performance-driven products
- You enjoy networking across various functions
- Proactively work to understand consumer and future buying/lifestyle habits to inform new ways to promote the brand this these mindsets
- Keep up to date with various regional requirements and the finite variation in the consumer types and cultural influences
- Stay on top of relevant, upcoming trends and materials and an understanding of how to infuse these inspirational avenues with the brand vision and DNA
- You will develop and visualize a strong vision for future products
- You should be a strong communicator, adapt at liaising with key stakeholders and confident presenting to cross-functional teams
- You enjoy working as a team player and have an open style with sharing and taking on various points of view
- Bachelor or master's degree in product or industrial design or a related field
- Experience working with textiles, knits and engineered materials would be a plus, such as understanding of the application to footwear design
- Approximately 3 years experience within a similar Footwear Design or relevant industry Design role
- A curious mind with a strong interest for contemporary footwear, fashion, and design
- Excellent 2D software skills (Adobe CS), 3D software skills are definitely a plus
- Good sketching and mock-up skills
- Structured mind, excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills which enable you to work in a fast-moving environment and handle several projects and seasons at the same time
- Strong interest in working with cross-functional teams - materials, product managers, designers
- Team player and a positive mind
- Fluent in English both written and spoken, any other language would be a plus
Meet The Team
You will work in the On Design Studio within an international and vibrant Design team; including Footwear, Apparel and Spatial Designers who all closely collaborate with footwear developers, product managers, material and innovation specialists, art directors and marketing people. Together, we are responsible for shaping the future On product line up.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.