Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Global Music Management Manager will support the Head of Global Music in executing the use of music across all Ralph Lauren brand channels. The Global Music Management Manager will explore innovative approaches to leverage music across online platforms, retail spaces, and promotional events, fostering a cohesive and engaging auditory experience for the existing consumer base and future client base. Staying attuned to industry trends and emerging platforms, allowing for strategic adaptation of music across an evolving landscape.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Manage departmental activities, keeping track of all internal music requests, events, deadlines, and project schedules.
* Manage all aspects of our third-party music vendor relationships.
* Music database management including editing track metadata, playlist organization, and categorization by brand, project, or other relevant filters.
* Music Supervision for video projects, pulling content from various libraries, music partners, and labels according to a wide range of budgets and project needs.
* Edit and/or mix audio and sound design for digital content and video events.
* Create and maintain an accurate record of songs submitted for consideration and their evolving status on a regular basis.
* Experience with music licensing for both commercial releases and stock libraries
* Explore and expand music resources useful for our specific brand channels.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* High level of experience in music across all genres and eras.
* Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Advanced understanding and experience with both the Office Suite applications and the Mac operating system.
* Deep understanding of the organizational structure of iTunes, Spotify, and Apple Music.
* Proficiency in audio editing software including Ableton, and all other quality industry standards alternatives.