At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSE
Lead the delivery of store construction projects across Europe. Planning and managing store construction projects ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage store construction projects in Europe, including flagships, mainline, airport, concessions and wholesale stores
- Own and drive each project from coordination of design, through construction to opening and site handover
- Establish high performing governance and ways of working that results in accelerated project delivery and effective cost management
- Develop and manage the project plan for each project, ensuring quality communications and updates are provided to key stakeholders, with a tailored approach depending on audience
- Build and coordinate complex cross-functional teams of internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of projects against key milestones
- Work with stakeholders to proactively solve conflict situations through negotiation, open communication and direct influence
- Drive decision making with teams and senior leadership to move initiatives forwards in a productive way
- Identify, call out and make recommendations to mitigate any risks/challenges at all stages of the project
- Cover all site based activities including logistics and site establishment. Conducting site visits and attending site meetings as required and inspections of the works
- Source, evaluate and negotiate with specialist external consultants, contractors and suppliers
- Build and manage the project budget across all areas ensuring projects are delivered within budget
- Coaching and developing more junior members of the team.
- Technical expertise for collaboration with contractors and teams.
- Understanding and coordinating design drawings.
- Extensive project delivery experience with leadership and accountability.
- Capability to discuss technical details with specialists.
- Background in luxury retail construction.
- Strong commercial acumen and financial skills.
- Adaptability to changing priorities and effective GANTT chart management.
- Stakeholder management and leading matrix project teams.
- Track record of managing multiple projects successfully.
- Excellent prioritization skills and proficiency in managing consultants and teams.
- Judicious assessment of contractors and resource planning.
- Proficient presentation skills.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.