About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
The Data Science and Analytics Team at Gap Inc. applies data analysis and machine learning techniques to drive business benefits for Gap Inc. and its brands. The team's focus is on ML / AI and Analytical capabilities to support customer acquisition and retention, personalization, and marketing at Gap Inc. Areas of expertise include search and recommendation, segmentation, targeting, forecasting, marketing effectiveness measurement and optimizations, customer behaviors, site analytics and business growth initiatives. You will support the team to build and deploy Data and Analytics capabilities, in partnership with GapTech, Product Management, & business partners across our brands.What You'll DoJob
As the Vice President of Consumer Data Science and Analytics, you will play a pivotal role in driving data-driven decision-making within organization. This senior leadership position requires an experienced data science and analytics professional with a proven track record of leveraging data to optimize retail strategies and business outcome. You will be responsible for building and leading a high-performing data science and analytics team, implementing advanced analytics techniques, and providing actionable insights to drive customer growth and retention.Responsibilities:Strategic Leadership:
- Provide visionary leadership in the development and execution of consumer data science and analytics strategies aligned with business objectives.
- Collaborate with C-level executives to integrate analytics into overall business strategies.
Advanced Analytics Implementation:
- Lead and mentor a team of analytics professionals, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning.
- Oversee the recruitment, training, and development of analytics talent.
KPI Development and Monitoring:
- Drive the implementation of advanced analytics techniques, including machine learning and predictive modeling, to enhance customer insights and business predictions.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies to continually evolve the analytics capabilities.
- Build Predictive Customer models for Marketing Tech (Lifetime Value, Propensity)
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) for business performance and continuously monitor, analyze, and report on these metrics.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to align analytics with business goals.
Conversion Rate Optimization:
- Utilize customer segmentation and behavior analysis to identify opportunities for personalized marketing, and improved customer experience.
- Build Loyalty and Retention models.
Competitor and Market Analysis:
- Lead initiatives to optimize the conversion funnel, from product discovery to checkout, by identifying and addressing bottlenecks and friction points.
Marketing Analytics and Loyalty:
- Conduct in-depth analysis of market trends, competitor performance, and consumer preferences to inform strategic decision-making.
- Provide recommendations for maintaining a competitive edge in the retail landscape.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and channels.
- Provide insights to optimize marketing spend and improve ROI.
- Build Multi touch attribution and marketing mix models
Who You Are
- Evaluate and implement cutting-edge analytics tools and technologies to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of data analysis.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Proven experience in customer analytics, with a track record of success in optimizing Omni channel retail strategies.
- Strong leadership skills with experience managing and developing high-performing advance analytics teams.
- In-depth knowledge of advanced analytics techniques, machine learning, and predictive modeling.
- Proficiency in data visualization tools and business intelligence platforms.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex analytics concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to summarize key insights and recommend actions to c-suite.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $245,500 - $337,600 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.