The Associate Designer works closely with the Designer II as the men's accessories collection is being developed in accordance with the seasonal direction and global business needs. They support the design development of men's bags, small leather goods and trims, helping the team build a brand-right assortment while maintaining moving deadlines.
The ideal candidate is highly creative, relentlessly curious and continually proactive on each project assigned. They must possess strong organizational and communication skills, while being in a collaborative fast-paced environment.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Support the design direction with a focus on product that is consistent with the brand's aesthetics and satisfies business needs.
- Work with the design team to create hand sketches, illustrations, and technical drawings for men's accessories.
- Collaborate with the design team to for seasonal concepts, shape exploration, innovative constructions and functional hardware.
- Create a strong design language in bags, small leather goods and trims with the guidance of the Designer II.
Trend Research and Analysis:
- Assist in preparing trend presentations, mood boards and market research to inspire the design process.
- Consistently research the market through in-store shopping (luxury, contemporary and vintage ) , periodicals/magazines, and online resources (runway, ecommerce, resale) to stay current with trends.
Tech Pack Execution:
- Create, execute and maintain design tech packs. Partner with cross-functional partners on Product Lifecycle Management (PLM).
- Help support design and development of all men's accessories indirect categories including but not limited to belts, hats, softs accessories and special projects.
Product Sample Review:
- Consistently taking notes during all presentations, cross-functional meetings and design team huddles.
- Participate in sample reviews to provide feedback on construction and design details with the guidance of the Designer II.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience
- Continually maintain the men's showroom which includes organizing research boards, product samples and the materials & trims library.
3-5 years of Accessories Design or related experienceEducation:
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Accessories DesignSkills:
- Aesthetically keen eye for color, material and innovative details.
- Strong sensibility to men's fashion and modern-day wardrobe.
- Acute attention to detail throughout the design process.
- Excellent note-taking ability and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and open-minded attitude.
- A sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong technical bag construction knowledge and capable to communicate design comments/corrections.
- Strong computer skills required. Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Excel, PLM and other related software.
- Strong hand sketching ability is preferred. Knowledge of Rhino 3D and/or Solid Works is a plus.
- Strong mock-up and hand craft ability is a plus.
Able to design and handle multiple seasons at one time. Maintain consistent high quality of product from season to season, vendor to vendor. Flexible in designs to meet business needs while still providing newness to products. Willing to make design updates as needed to meet the changing business needs. Must be very organized and detailed to effectively follow up on sample approvals. Highly creative in design to provide newness and drive innovation while maintaining the correct technical approach.
Pay Range: $60,000 - $70,000
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH