About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.About the Role
The Sr. Manager of Visual Merchandising leads a divisional team within the Visual Merchandising function. They are responsible for overseeing all divisional product presentations by leading their team in the creative/strategic development and field communication of all projects. They work with their peers on the Visual Merchandising and Visual Styling teams to formulate, strategize, and direct team on current department initiatives. The Sr. Manager inspires and motivates their divisional team to set and communicate business priorities applicable to their division. They are proactive thought leaders that effect change and growth initiatives through strong relationships with the cross-functional team, which includes Design, Merchandising, Marketing, Field Visual and Stores. The Sr. Manager oversees the activities and career development of the team as well and the detailed development plan of their direct reports. This position requires a high level of technical, supervisory, leadership, process management and communication skills while developing and maintaining key talent.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Keep a continual pulse on current and relevant market and visual merchandising trends-consistently ensuring the team is visiting ON stores + competition to collect data and inform visual merchandising decisions.
- Synthesize competitive store experience trends, customer needs, and team creative brainstorms in order to create novel and useful updates to the Old Navy store experience.
- Operational leadership during all store sets and visual communication deliverables - ensure balanced workload, facilitate divisional and cross-functional meetings as appropriate, regulate project timelines and ensure all deliverables are met
- Drive for continual improvement and innovation during all store sets and milestones, proactively leading divisional teams as needed to meet new business objectives
- Assess direct report's potential and limitations and guide their development and inspires them to meet their business and career goals
- Manage a strong, energetic, productive, and creative team
- Regularly communicate and present to Senior Leadership Team
- Participate in the development of divisional business strategies with cross-functional teams
- Challenge business partners when appropriate to prevent re-work, redundancies, and inefficiency
- Foster open communication and a team environment with all business partners
- Hold self and others (including business partners) accountable for work commitments and outcomes
- Partner closely with key cross-functional teams in Field Visual, Design, Merchandising, Marketing, Store Design, and Operations
- Drive innovation in all product milestones through the ability to influence business partners
- Travel as needed
Benefits at Old Navy
- 5-8 years Visual Merchandising experience (Corporate Visual experience required)
- 3+ years of People Management experience
- Proven success in developing diverse and high performing teams
- Strong fashion and styling sense with the ability to incorporate new fashion trends into projects
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, and influence others with a focus on continual innovation and process improvement for all projects and deliverables
- Ability to successfully coach direct reports on creating and carrying out development plans
- Exceptional ability to successfully recognize and resolve problems at root-cause level in addition to promptly and effectively addressing poor performance
- Proven ability in managing projects from inception to completion
- Deep knowledge in working within a cross-functional organization and the complexities associated with it
- Excellent presentation skills
- Verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively influence
- Intrapersonal skills - works wells as part of a cross-functional team and able to influence and interact at all levels of the organization including interfacing regularly with senior/executive leadership
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $134,000 - $177,500 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.