At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
In this role, you will deliver the product development process for the denim categories at Burberry. Acting as an ambassador for Burberry, fostering a culture of accountability, innovation and collaboration and operate as true technical specialists with internal teams and vendors.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Forge and maintain a strong partnership with Design, providing technical insights during fittings and brainstorming solutions to ensure the design vision is realised.
- Build and cultivate effective relationships with vendors, negotiating costs and aesthetic changes while understanding their capabilities.
- Manage the critical path from concept to pre-production, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality prototypes aligned with margin targets. Proactively identify and address risks and challenges throughout the development process.
- Demonstrate comprehensive technical knowledge across various leather product types, collaborating with Product Engineering for testing and safeguarding the design vision.
- Support production meetings at vendors, ensuring technical requirements for prototypes and samples are production-ready.
- Maintain 100% accuracy in PLM updates.
- Collaborate effectively with Senior Designers, translating their creative vision to teams and vendors within the denim categories.
- Possess technical expertise in garment construction, pattern cutting, fabric construction, denim washes, printing techniques, embroidery, and embellishment.
- Manage the industrialisation process in partnership with the Product Engineering team.
- Successfully navigate vendor relationships, delivering clear briefs, and ensuring demands are met.
- Efficiently handle critical path management, meeting collection deadlines and addressing risks/challenges.
- Manage budgets with a keen sense of commercial awareness throughout the product development process.
- Work on-site with vendors, demonstrating operational knowledge of factories and leveraging relationships.
- Exhibit excellent communication and negotiation skills, collaborating confidently with cross-functional teams.
- In-depth knowledge of fashion trends, the market, and luxury consumer preferences in the relevant category.
- Proficient in PLM, Excel, and InDesign.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT || NO DEPARTMENT - FPT9049 || n/a ||