Be part of an iconic story.
PVH is the growth platform for Calvin Klein and TOMMY HILFIGER. Through driving brand strength and relevance, we are connecting our global, iconic brands closer to where the consumer is going than ever before, today and with future generations. Guided by our values and enabled by our scale and global reach, we are driving fashion forward for good, as one team with one vision and one plan. That's the Power of Us, that's the Power of PVH+. Position Description and responsibilities:
As a designer working in the Menswear Division you will be part of the Jersey design team for designing and executing seasonal collections. You will work closely with a Sr. designer in the team, the developers from the development team, merchandise team, and the Design Director for the planning and development of the collection each season. You will design and execute seasonal range plans for review by the Design Director and Senior Design Director. Among other you will be responsible for:
- Researching trends and performing market research that works into the Tommy Hilfiger Menswear brand strategy
- Translating trends into a commercial collection together with the Sr. Designer
- Working to the Divisional Calendar to meet deadlines
- Have a good eye for placement graphics which represent the Tommy DNA.
- Making sure that the Tommy D.N.A. is seen in each garment.
- Preparing all design sheets for divisional presentations and to focus on following up of each style
- Preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and design sheets completed to a high standard for sending to buying offices globally.
- Following up on selected fabrics and washes each season with product developer and communicating to buying offices any design related communication for Retail special needs.
- Working closely and communicate daily on issues and changes that arise from the development of designs selected. You will also partner with the product developer to ensure a smooth work flow each season when executing each style
- Working closely with Tech Department and development for the executing of garment fittings.
- To make sure all styles are to the highest standard, help find solutions to any problems that may come up in the fitting and development process.
- Preparing overviews of the collection each season for the Design and Senior Design Director
- Developing and understanding of fabrics and washes based on the Menswear price range
- Acting quickly to develop trends and filter this into a special designed product for Retail/Wholesale.
- 4-5 years of experience in men's Fashion Design with at least 2 years pure jersey
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop) & hand drawn skills
- Fluent in English both written and verbal as English is the working language of the company
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting
- Is able to work in a dynamic environment and has a hands on mentality
In the heart of Amsterdam, PVH EMEA is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. We are the home to 2500 big thinkers, natural entrepreneurs, and challenge seekers from all kinds of backgrounds.
Be part of it.
- How we support you: choose the hybrid setup and working hours that suit you, in addition to meeting-free Fridays, work from anywhere 4 weeks a year, 25 days of paid holidays, mental health days, parental leave, home office allowance, commuting allowances, employee assistance programs, and pension schemes
- Wellbeing: exclusive onsite gym and fitness classes, personal training, meditation studio, sports clubs, in-house physio, and receive access to our nutritional and wellbeing programs
- Campus: extensive food and beverage offerings, top-notch restaurant, barista coffee bars, sky bar, monthly social events, weekly Thursday drinks, game nights, and campus-themed activities that will keep your social life busy
- Develop your career: whether you lead a team or contribute your own expertise, everyone is a leader at PVH. PVH University curates and delivers training programs for you to continuously develop your professional and personal goals
- Be at the forefront: stay closely connected to our brands, Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, and be a part of seasonal market launches, sample sales and receive employee discounts!
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.