Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Data Lab serves as an embedded data science and business intelligence hub within the Merchandising Department. The team plays a pivotal role in our strategic decision-making process, employing advanced analytics and machine learning to enhance our merchandising strategies. We are now seeking a talented individual to join as a Junior Data Scientist specializing in Machine Learning. This role involves developing cutting-edge Machine Learning and advanced analytics solutions to enhance operational functions in Merchandising, Allocation, and Business Planning. This high-impact role offers an unique opportunity to leverage your analytical, statistical, and programming skills to develop data-driven solutions for cross-functional and cross-regional applications. You will also gain wide exposure over the full development cycle of data product projects, from understanding business challenges, to solution design, development, and implementation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Drive research initiatives in AI and ML to innovate within the merchandising department.
* Develop and engineer models and solutions utilizing time series analysis, auto-regressive neural networks, self-supervised learning, and knowledge graphs.
* Act as an internal data consultant, identifying opportunities for business transformation.
* Collaborate closely with business and IT stakeholders to ensure technical solutions meet specific business needs.
* Work with cross-functional teams to understand business needs and integrate advanced ML solutions.
* Drive project facilitation, data transformation, and the development of end-to-end data product solutions.
* Execute ETL tasks to collect raw data for data analytics and machine learning processes.
* Actively contribute to the development of machine-learning and advanced analytics models under the guidance of senior team members.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Knowledge in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields; or in Machine Learning, Data Analytics, or Extract Transform Load (ETL) -related roles gained through training, experience, or self-education with proven delivery in commercial environment
* Strong proficiency in Python and SQL
* Good understanding of machine learning and deep learning frameworks, classification, and regression modeling.
* Experience in sequential prediction techniques (time series forecasting models and/or Large Language Model).
* Knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems; additional knowledge in other database systems is a plus.
* Experiences with Amazon Web Services (AWS) , Kubernetes, Snowflake, and Dataiku are advantageous.
* Experience applying software engineering principles, including design patterns and best practices is preferred.