Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Manager is a key member of Global Citizenship, Worker Well-being team responsible to implement the team's strategy in Bangladesh with some additional opportunities for global projects. The Manager is the main partner with the sourcing team and suppliers in Bangladesh. The Manager will conduct human rights due diligence for the region and ensure suppliers comply with our Operating Standards and all applicable laws via our supplier programs for on-boarding, education, auditing, and monitoring. The Manager will also lead implementation of worker well-being initiatives and will be a local resource on social compliance, human rights, fire/building safety, and worker-centered industry programs and tools.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Conduct human rights due diligence through assessing risk in the region, recommending prevention and mitigation strategies, and ensuring remediation with proper tracking.
* Drive supplier improvement and compliance performance through supplier engagement, onsite monitoring, training, and leveraging Better Work partnership and FSLM/SLCP where applicable.
* Manage implementation and progress of worker well-being initiatives (i.e., RISE membership; wage management strategy) and continuously stay connected to the industry to present new opportunities.
* Proactively connect with local industry experts and peers while staying updated on global trends, new initiatives, and global projects
* Coordinate and lead status updates and engagement meetings with sourcing and production teams
* Lead roundtable discussions and trainings with suppliers related to human resource management system capability building.
* Conduct regular visits to factory sites which will include some or all of the following: -Health and safety inspection -Fire and emergency safety inspection -Wage and hour analysis -Production verification -CAP verification -Data gathering -Worker engagement
* Represent department and fully engage industry at SAC, SLCP, Better Work, RISE and South Asia based meetings.
* Manage supplier onboarding process for Global Citizenship approval of new supplier requests in region.
* Be an expert user of key IT platforms used by the team including, Worldly and the BW portal.
* Maintain exceptional record keeping for all factory visits, calendar, and travel expenses.
* Attend meetings via phone and video conference on a regular basis on Eastern Standard Time (EST)
* Support of global team initiatives is required (i.e., upstream human rights due diligence, data analysis outside of region)
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Bachelor's degree or above in related field and Technical or Auditing Certification
* 5-10 years of experience preferably in Brands/ Sourcing office.
* Experience working in an international organization/environment.
* Excellent communication skills verbal & written attention to detail and strong organizational skills
* Strong interpersonal skills (especially ability to work collaboratively and influence others)
* Ability to work with others and manage confidential information with the highest level of integrity is required.
* Recognition of the trends in social /Human Rights field and their impact on business performance
* Ability to adapt working style to suit different situations and challenges.
* Demonstrated professional ethics & ability to navigate complex issues with contracted suppliers.
* High Proficiency in MS Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
* Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deliverable deadlines with attention to detail.
* Experience collaborating with industry partners (associations, memberships)
* Must be self-motivated / self-starter with commitment to superior quality and accuracy.
* Willingness to travel throughout Bangladesh and surrounding countries on a regular basis and sometimes on short notice; additional international travel as needed.
* Fluency in Bengali and English both written and verbal required.