At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
Burberry is seeking an experienced Fabric Inspector to join our Internal Manufacturing Team at Burberry Mill. Working as part of a dedicated team you will be responsible for the inspection of the Burberry's iconic fabrics. You will work to the highest quality whilst achieving daily targets and ensure continuous production, inspecting both loomstate and finished fabrics.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure a safe working environment by following manual handling courses and safety protocols in textile production.
- Inspect off-loom and finished fabric, conducting mandatory quality and shade checks.
- Utilise the loom inspection system for patrolling, mending, and accurate fault mapping.
- Enter precise stock information into the Camtex system and allocate fabric to stillages.
- Load 'A' frames upon receiving fabric from the finisher.
- Identify faults with precision, following standard specifications.
- Transfer pieces in the system, maintaining accurate details.
- Present fabric effectively before delivery to vendors.
- Maintain housekeeping standards in all work areas.
- Collaborate with the Fabric Inspection Team leader on departmental requirements.
- Uphold high standards of excellence and foster effective communication among managers and peers.
- Textile studies and background preferred.
- Desirable knowledge of woven fabric construction.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment with high-quality standards is advantageous.
- Ability to follow instructions with precision and accuracy.
- Good colour perception is required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- GSCE Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent).
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Keighley || INTERNAL MANUFACTURING || BURBERRY MILL || n/a ||