Be part of an iconic story.
PVH is the growth platform for Calvin Klein and TOMMY HILFIGER. Through driving brand strength and relevance, we are connecting our global, iconic brands closer to where the consumer is going than ever before, today and with future generations. Guided by our values and enabled by our scale and global reach, we are driving fashion forward for good, as one team with one vision and one plan. That's the Power of Us, that's the Power of PVH+. The Team
The Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear division is one of the main business drivers within Tommy Hilfiger Europe. Based in the Amsterdam European HQ, the team is split into 4 sub teams: Design, Production, Sourcing & Development, Buying & Planning and Merchandising & Sales
These 4 teams work together in an informal setting to create superbly styled and high-end quality products for the European consumer base. Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear presents 4 collections per year (Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter).The Position
As a Designer working in the Tommy Jeans Division, you will be part of the Design team creating and executing seasonal collections for structured wovens and denim. The role takes an important position within the team - with the aim to create a true synergy between denim and woven styles, with an emphasis on denim and woven bottoms/ dungarees/ structured skirts and dresses. You will work closely with both the design manager and the design director on the denim team , and the the wovens design team and will be expected to bridge the gap between denim and wovens. You will also work closely with the merchandising team and the product development team, the tech team during the entire design and development process, from the 1st protos through to the salesmen samples.Key Responsibilities:
The Ideal Candidate:
- Researching trends and performing market research that works into the Tommy Jeans brand strategy
- Translating denim and structured woven trends into a commercial collection together with the Design Manager and Dirctor on the Woven and Denim bottoms
- Making sure that the Tommy Jeans D.N.A. is seen in each garment
- Preparing all garment work sheets on illustrator for divisional presentations and to focus on following up of each style
- Preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and design sheets completed to a high standard for sending to the vendors.
- Following up on selected fabrics and washes each season with product developer
- Working closely with Tech Department for the executing of garment fittings
- Developing and understanding of fabrics and washes based on the Tommy Jeans price range
- Presenting in product review milestone meetings
- 4-5 years of experience in Denim Design
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop) & hand-drawn skills
- Experience working with Structured Wovens & Denim would be an advantage
- Understanding of 3D softwear such as Browzwear
- Business English fluency (both written and verbal) Good understanding of detail-orientated design process
- Experience in fitting garments/ technical understanding
- Experience working with merchandising team
- Good knowledge in garment construction
- Good understanding of woven fabric/ denim/ washes / finishing
- High taste level with commercial appeal
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting
- A team player who is flexible to work seamlessly with a big teams of specialists
- Someone with a true commercial sense and who can identify themselves with the brand
- An eye for detail
- Organized in using systems - excel and PLM
- Is able to work in a highly productive, sometime hectic environment with a hands-on mentality
- Ability to travel within Europe for supplier visits
In the heart of Amsterdam, PVH EMEA is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. We are the home to 2500 big thinkers, natural entrepreneurs, and challenge seekers from all kinds of backgrounds.
Be part of it.
- How we support you: choose the hybrid setup and working hours that suit you, in addition to meeting-free Fridays, work from anywhere 4 weeks a year, 25 days of paid holidays, mental health days, parental leave, home office allowance, commuting allowances, employee assistance programs, and pension schemes
- Wellbeing: exclusive onsite gym and fitness classes, personal training, meditation studio, sports clubs, in-house physio, and receive access to our nutritional and wellbeing programs
- Campus: extensive food and beverage offerings, top-notch restaurant, barista coffee bars, sky bar, monthly social events, weekly Thursday drinks, game nights, and campus-themed activities that will keep your social life busy
- Develop your career: whether you lead a team or contribute your own expertise, everyone is a leader at PVH. PVH University curates and delivers training programs for you to continuously develop your professional and personal goals
- Be at the forefront: stay closely connected to our brands, Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, and be a part of seasonal market launches, sample sales and receive employee discounts!
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.