We are looking for an experienced Product Data Lead to join our Global Product Operations team at On, the most exciting and fastest-growing global sports brand. This is a new role to build out capabilities and unlock undiscovered potential within R&D using data-driven insights. You will be responsible for engaging with stakeholders at various levels of the organization, overseeing data governance processes, ensuring data integrity, leveraging data analysis, and mentoring a team. Your expertise in data management, strong analytical skills, and attention to detail will contribute to efficient and meaningful operations based on data-infused decision making.
- Build and lead a data team, providing guidance, mentorship, and support for their professional development
- Foster a collaborative and innovative team culture that encourages knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Partner with stakeholders to understand their data needs and cultivate a culture of data-driven decision-making within R&D
- Collaborate with cross-functional team leaders in functions such as ESG, - Design, Product Strategy and Product Creation to establish KPIs and dashboards and translate data insights into actionable recommendations for performance optimization
- Oversee the creation, maintenance, and governance of PLM data in accordance with established policies and procedures, partnering with other data teams within On
- Perform regular audits and reviews of PLM data to identify and resolve any inconsistencies, inaccuracies, or duplication issues
- Document, prioritize and update data quality related issues
Oversee the integration of new technologies and initiatives into data standards and structures
- Identify opportunities to streamline and enhance data management processes and infrastructure, developing and implementing best practices
- Utilize analytical tools and techniques to analyze and visualize data, identify trends, and generate insights to drive decision-making processes.
- Provide training, guidance, and support to end-users on data management processes, standards, dashboards and tools.
- Maintain accurate documentation of data management processes, procedures, and guidelines.
- Drive delivery of scalable data and analytics solutions to transform operations and assess system performance to make recommendations for software, hardware, and data storage improvements
- Establish and enforce data governance principles, ensuring data quality, consistency, and security throughout the organization to support reliable analytics and reporting.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Science, or Software Engineering preferred
- Proven experience (5+ years) in a data analytics/management role, preferably in a lead or supervisory role
- Strong understanding of data management principles, practices, and tools
- Proficient in using data management systems, product lifecycle management software (Centric PLM), enterprise resource planning software (D365), and data analysis tools (BigQuery/Looker)
- Excellent attention to detail and data accuracy with a focus on maintaining data integrity
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret complex data and identify trends and insights
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong leadership abilities, including team management, coaching, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement
Meet The Team
The Product Operations team is the co-pilot to On's product engine and fosters a culture of continuous improvement through increased efficiency, digitalization, and compliance. We ensure the correct information flow across internal and external teams and streamline operations by creating and managing calendars, building and improving processes, configuring and implementing ready made software, developing in-house product systems, synthesizing data across many channels, developing packaging, and spearheading product compliance. The team aims for operational excellence with a global mindset as On's R&D teams are located across multiple locations around the world.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.