Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Sustainability Manager for Impact will successfully marry strong technical expertise and capabilities with strategy and influencing skills to support the delivery of our ambitious climate, water and biodiversity strategies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Goal & Strategy Development: support the further development and implementation of RLC's public commitments on climate, water and biodiversity; drive process development and implement initiatives to deliver on goals, including climate transition plan, and the water and biodiversity strategy roadmaps
• Impact Assessment: drive risk and impact assessment/mapping for water, climate, biodiversity and support the integration of identified impact risks into business strategy
• Internal Engagement: facilitate and support sustainability working groups for Climate and Water Stewardship. Prepare presentations for and support engagement with leadership and key internal functions. Work in close collaboration with key internal stakeholders such as, Finance, Sourcing, Product Management, and Legal.
• Stakeholder Engagement & Partnership: Engage with and represent RLC in key partnerships and multi-stakeholder initiatives, e.g. WWF, G7 Fashion Pact, Textile Exchange (in partnership with Product Team), UN Fashion Charter, SAC, SBTi, CDP, Aii
• Reporting & Disclosures: provide subject matter expertise on climate, water, and biodiversity for enterprise-wide disclosures, reports, and surveys; drive CDP Climate and Water responses, in partnership with key internal functions;
• Climate and Water Stewardship: support strategic partnerships and programs to advance climate and water stewardship goals; drive engagement with internal and external working groups and partners
• Data/Tracking: drive annual, quarterly and where possible more regular tracking of water, carbon and biodiversity impacts/footprint; track trends, analyze pathways, and evolve the current approach
• Investment Evaluation: support the exploration of investment opportunities in climate, water, and biodiversity initiatives
• Education & Engagement: develop content and materials for knowledge and awareness building for internal teams and stakeholders
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• Bachelor's degree in sustainability, and/or environmental subject area including Climate Change, Environmental Science, or similar
• Relevant professional experience from a CSR/sustainability, energy and climate or similar role in the private sector, an NGO working with business, or top-tier consulting
• Proven experience managing and executing corporate initiatives to reduce environmental impacts, including: science-based targets, decarbonization pathways, nature/biodiversity strategy, Scope 1, 2, 3 emissions strategy and inventory, renewable energy strategies, climate governance and climate risk assessment and management
• Excellent grasp of key corporate sustainability practices and programs, including: GHG Protocol, CDP, Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosure, and other emerging trends and concepts
• Proven ability to develop business cases, model impacts, including financial implications, and build buy-in
• Familiarity with academic, government and NGOs active in the climate, water, nature, and environmental ecosystem
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, can synthesize information and offer recommendations/solutions
• Well-developed interpersonal skills for interaction with leadership and key internal functions
• Takes initiative and demonstrates ownership, works independently
• Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills