Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Job Title: Senior Art Director, Graphics, Visual Experience (Senior Manager) Primary Purpose:
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Art Direction and Graphic Design to concept big ideas and on-going branded 2D content for stores, pop ups, events and the digital space. The candidate should combine a proficiency in branding and graphic design with a passion for 3D spatial settings. This individual will tackle projects from both a strategic and creative point of view ; translate the brand and seasonal vision for 2D that ensures a cohesive Coach Brand communication. They should have an eye for color and pattern and an understanding of how to apply these within a 3D setting to create maximum impact.
The Senior Art Director, Graphics, Visual Experience will report to the Design Director, Creative Studio. They will work in tandem on both Retail and Outlet with the 3D Experience Team to execute 2D for branded graphics, window creatives, facades, collateral materials, hospitality 2D initiatives, in-store signage, packaging, digital spaces and extending ideas into Visual Merchandising as required.
The accomplished individual will possess:
- A refined taste level with expert design and typography skills
- Participate in new idea sessions and the possible development and execution of those ideas
- Strong graphic design skillset
- Must have a passion for setting and implementing branding guidelines
- Support the maintenance of design standards, guidelines, and best practices
- Partner with Creative leads and Project Managers on day-to-day projects
- Communicate design rationales and respond to internal client feedback
- Stays current with evolving technology and design landscape
- Strong understanding of the contemporary fashion, digital, and retail spaces
- Ability to design seasonal pop-up, window, event, and showroom graphics and branding-working on projects from early ideation to technical execution.
- A deep understanding of graphic design and branding principles.
- Support regional teams in the global execution and regional roll out of 2D designs. Ability to adapt designs to different store layouts and to tier ideas down across multiple scales and touch points.
- Ability to concept graphic design solutions with limited direction from senior studio members.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with very tight deadlines.
The outstanding professional will have...
- Self-starter, collaborative team player, with a "can do" spirit.
- Extremely detail oriented, well organized, strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively with multiple teams across the Coach brand to realize creative vision.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Skilled with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge and Acrobat. This is a hands-on design role.
- A strong knowledge of print production is a must.
- Strong technical knowledge with regards to tiling patterns, tiering solutions to multiple sizes/formats and wrapping 3D elements in 2D graphics.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Degree level education in a related field, or relevant professional qualifications
- 7-10 years' experience in Graphic Design/Art Direction, with a focus on branding.
- A strong understanding of Graphic Design within the field of fashion, an understanding of competitors and emerging trends in this field.
- A passion for designing graphics within the built environment, an interest in designing impactful wayfinding and branding within retail spaces.
- An understanding of customer priorities and ability to strive to exceed expectations.
- Ability to think outside the box and awareness of digital trends.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Tapestry, Inc. will provide applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation for disabilities or religious beliefs. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Tapestry People Services at 1-855-566-9264 or email@example.com
Visit Coach at www.coach.com.BASE PAY RANGE $100,000.00 TO $120,000.00
Click Here - U.S Corporate Compensation & Benefit