For the past 25 years, we've committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It's what we do best, and we're on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we're strong, but together we're unstoppable.About the Role
In this role, you will be accountable for the strategy execution and planning for the assigned product departments. You will also be responsible to lead the execution of the overall country and mill/vendor strategy for the department in partnership with the cross-functional teams. The main purpose of the role is leverage category/vendor expertise to enable brand strategies and growth plans while driving global sourcing strategy through vendor allocation (sample and bulk), capacity planning & AUC management and vendor strategy for the responsible department(s).What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Manage the product development process (P2M) in a timely manner (development sampling, initial costs, negotiation/ production & capacity planning to meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards)
- Manage seasonal global vendor evaluation & allocation, aggregated costing and overall capacity planning across geographies; Partner with the brand to develop supply chain to support on demand customer needs
- Maintain strategic alliances with vendors and champion Brand culture/aesthetic to ensure that it is understood and followed in multiple locations
- Hold vendors accountable for performance and pro actively resolve issues and escalations
- Partner with vendors to build vendor capability, drive continuous improvement & innovation initiatives to ensure market competitiveness
- Responsible for quality of services and advice in meeting business partner needs
- Responsible for end results of team and shares responsibility over resources, budget and adherence to policies
Benefits at Athleta
- Working knowledge of concepts and procedures specific to global product development and understands design, merchandising, and global sourcing landscape
- Proven success in managing a team with a proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing best in industry teams
- Ability to influence and make decisions cross functionally in a matrix environment (ensuring speed and cultural sensitivity); can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.