Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) Lead is responsible for managing and driving the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy across EMEA with the key business partners. Critical capabilities of this role include fostering productive cross-functional relationships with internal/external partners, project management, teamwork, process orientation, relationship management, flexible and effective communication, as well as a strong attention to detail. This position will support the DE&I Employee Impact Groups (EIG) by providing consultative support and communication of our strategic initiatives to ensure our efforts are well planned, communicated and executed while working closely with our People Team partners to make the employee experience and culture inclusive.The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Lead will work closely with business partners across the organization to co-develop an integrated roadmap for delivery of initiatives, programming and coordinating efforts to inspire engagement across the organization. This role will be adept at building successful relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and bring impressive communication and administrative skills along with the credibility and confidence to contribute within a vibrant and diverse environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* EMEA Lead for our disability strategy - concept to implementation, Owner of 6 major pillars with key exec sponsors in each pillar.
* Overseeing Employee Impact Groups (EIGs). Five Community based and five major markets across Europe. Provide guidance and direction and ensure these groups have the appropriate resources and action plan towards SMART goals.
* Owner of EMEA community partnerships such as Stephen Lawrence Foundation, Black Business Week, Rio Ferdinand Foundation, etc.
* Partner with internal communication team (GCC) around key initiatives and special projects
* Creating and implementation of comprehensive DE&I programming such as Black History Month, International Women's Month, Pride, and other major celebratory months
* Collaboration with Global DE&I teams on global and local strategies
* Manage a team of 2
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Role requires high degree of accountability, initiative, flexibility, and passion
* Advanced computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, SharePoint
* Cultural sensitivity and global thinker; knowledge of cultural competencies and diversity and inclusion concepts
* Experience supporting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programs with an understanding of current subjects and best practices.
* Highly collaborative working style
* A champion who fosters positive and inclusive work environments and a committed advocate for the advancement of diversity
* Experience in project management
* Experience in Data Analytics
* Demonstrates ability to deal with ambiguity/complexity.
* Experience managing outreach programs and event planning.
* Ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities.
* Robust verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
* Capable and confident to communicate at all levels within the organization.
* Balance working independently as well as in a collaborative team environment in a fast-paced energetic culture.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
* Ability to work flexible hours outside of local time zone as needed.
* Ability to travel as needed.