PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Support the Director of Merchandising to develop Asia Pacific merchandise plan by understanding future trends, analyzing current business and collecting feedback from directly operated and distribution countries.
- Build regional assortment according to the defined product strategies, price setting for Asia direct operated markets.
- Drive SKU productivity and commonality by setting directive buys
- Review sell-in and sell-through on a regional and country level. Monitor and analyze sales performance & inventory levels by market.
- Communicate closely with all channels, Retail, E-commerce, Wholesale and other stakeholders to continually understand buying trends, developments amongst competitors, consumer insights, etc.
- Provide core and seasonal product knowledge support to Retail Operations to drive sales and service, and generate excitement within our retail channels
Must possess high degree of fashion aesthetic; interest in trends, lifestyles, competitors and media. Support introduction of new ideas. Can work within the creative process effectively, and support bring ideas to realization.TEAMWORK:
Builds good working relationships; collaborates toward deadlines and deliverables. Able to lead and communicate effectively across the team and organization; effectively works at long distances. ORGANIZING:
Works according to defined schedules and deadlines; takes direction well and able to work with high accountability; manages own work and tracks progress. Seeks out resources to get things done; able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.ENVIRONMENT:
Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented setting; interface with Global Design and Buyers in local markets.QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience:
- Minimum 5 years all-rounded merchandising experience in retail industry
- Working experience in fashion (preferably in a similar position)
: Bachelor degree preferredSkills:
- Strategic thinking, supportive of Tommy Hilfiger's long-term business goals
- Solid understanding of retail buying and the product creation process
- Strong commercial sense and knowledge of consumer/fashion trends
- Intense interest in fashion branding / retailing
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Collaborative with ability to work across functions and in concert with region and global counterparts
- Excellent people and process management skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced and diverse environment
- Proficiency in written and spoken English