The Department Coordinator will serve as a front line staff coordinating day-to-day operations for the Department of Student Life, managing the workflow to provide efficient, high quality, customer-oriented service to all members of the FIT community. They will work to successfully assist in the execution of the Departments mission by directly supervising the Departments students and front office professional staff, managing and maintaining financial accounts and budgets overseen by the Department, supporting the Departments various functional areas and maintaining digital communications on behalf of the Department. Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Maintain student activities budget and monitor student club budgets: approve and process invoices for budget expenditures; maintain program tracking databases and files for student activities; collect data for program evaluation, measurement and verification activities; prepare data for statistical, financial, participant and program activity reports.
- Manages all Student Activities Funded accounts for our 70+ clubs and organizations.
- Facilitates finance training for all student organizations and advises and attends weekly SGA Budget Committee meetings.
- Manages the financial enterprise system and all budget requests, requisitions, reimbursements and vendor payments for the department and clubs and organizations.
- Oversee office purchasing and inventory, purchasing needs for student clubs and organizations.
- Manages front office operations and student inquiries.
- Supervises front office student staff.
- Responds to student, parents, faculty, staff and public inquiries and requests by phone, email and in-person.
- Manages the Student Life email account and main phone line.
- Leads personnel in maintaining a clean and organized professional atmosphere.
- Ensure operational efficiency through complex calendar management and maintenance of the 7th Floor operations including but not limited to our food pantry, meditation space, game room, club rooms and programming spaces.
- Participate as an active member of the Student Life team; attend meetings, retreats and trainings, and provide support to major department-wide and campus-wide programs.
- Assist with logistics in relation to the production of events and projects hosted and supported by the Department.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2-4 years of appropriate business experience required.
- Experience providing office administration including knowledge of administrative policies and procedures in an institution of higher education preferred.
- Candidate must possess the skills to prioritize a wide variety of assignments and perform numerous tasks in a fast-paced, deadline driven office environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential.
- Candidate must have experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, possess strong organizational skills and pay attention to detail.
- Knowledge of software program such as Bi-Tech, Brio, and Banner preferred.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with a diverse constituency.
Please note all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the background check process. Salary
Salary: $60,685 per year
The UCE-FIT Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) dictates the compensation, benefits, and conditions of employment. Hiring Salary: $60,685 per year with step increments per Salary Schedule 92, after one year of service and annually thereafter. Work Schedule
Days/Hours: M-F, 10am-6pm, some evenings and weekends, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department. Benefits
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) provides comprehensive employee benefit programs designed to help keep our faculty and staff and their families healthy, safe, happy, and productive. Our programs also include a variety of components to help our employees improve the quality and balance of their work and family lives, and to help them prepare for their futures.
- Retirement Plans
- Health Care Plan and Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- FIT Tuition Exemption Program
- Qualifying Employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Sick and Holidays)
- 4-day Summer Workweek
For a full list of FIT benefits, visit our benefits webpage . Pay Equity by State Employers
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com. Visa Sponsorship
Fashion Institute of Technology is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, firstname.lastname@example.org. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements
This position will be required to constantly read and comprehend, occasionally perform calculations, constantly verbally communicate, frequently analyze, and constantly write. The working conditions for this position will be on campus primarily in an office environment or residence hall. The physical requirement for this position will require occasional sitting, constant standing, occasional bending, frequent walking, and occasional lifting 10 lbs. or less. Application Instructions:
In order to considered for this position, please submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your submitted application materials.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, we will not be able to contact each applicant individually.
Additional information about the Fashion Institute of Technology can be found at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for a Department Coordinator in the Office of Student Life.