Position Description and responsibilities
TOMMY HILFIGER is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands creating a platform that inspires the modern American spirit, while committing to wasting nothing and welcoming all. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide. Our initiative to be a global power brand is all about redefining the brand code, push forward innovation and have the best wearing experience for the end-use.
You will be one of key engines to escalate our vison to move forward and be part of Tommy's culture and the Power of PVH.
As a Designer working in the World of Women (WOW) design team in Hong Kong, you will be responsible for designing and executing process of the seasonal and non-seasonal collections for TH Men's for all product categories in China. Tommy Hilfiger is a lifestyle brand. We're well-known for our Iconic classics, modernized with a relax attitude and innovation, sports inspired details that effortlessly takes the man from one occasion to the next.
You will collaborate with the Innovation & Fabric R&D team to develop product & fabric in advance. Next to this you will work closely with developers and merchandisers for the planning and development of each season collection. You will design and execute seasonal range plans for review with VP of design.Department Description:
You will contribute to setting up the TH Design team in Hong Kong, which is fully part of the TH Global Design team (based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands). This local hub is based in Hong Kong and focuses on designing styles for Asian consumers.
Next to the local Design team, this Hub will also have a dedicated Product Development team based in Hong Kong, with whom you will work closely. Together with the local Merchandise team, the objective of the Hub is to create better, locally relevant products in line with the TH Global Design direction.The role:
- Based in PVH Hong Kong office, as part of the Tommy Hilfiger (TH) Global Design team
- Reporting into the Design Manager of the Hong Kong team
- Responsible for the colour and concept of seasonal and non-seasonal TH styles developed for the Asia for Asia market
- Responsible for Design of the seasonal and non-seasonal TH styles developed for the Asia for Asia market
- Ensure close collaboration and full alignment with TH Global Design team (the Netherlands) and provide input to the Global team on the Asia for Asia market specifics, trends etc.
- Build & improve the TH Asia/Regional Design Hub, oversee and consult on operational activities (e.g. sketching) of the A4A Design team
- Researching trends and conducting market research that can be worked into the Tommy Hilfiger brand strategy for the Asia for Asia market.
- Researching & analyzing the Asia for Asia market to be aware of the market's to be aware market's current & future trend and always be head of game, and providing insights on this to the TH Global Design team in the Netherlands.
- Translate Global Design Brief mood boards into specific TH Asia for Asia brief, with mood boards, to set direction for sourcing purposes (e.g. to send out to vendors)
- Follow the range plan set by the merchandisers to build commercial outerwear and bottoms collections.
- Develop sketches in alignment with Global Design Brief and Merchandising range plan using initial research, present sketches to stakeholders (e.g. Merchandising) during (pre)sketch/proto review, and revise sketches based on feedback
- Preparing all necessary design decks and boards for divisional presentations and discuss designs or protos at key design meetings to ensure fit into collection, quality of product, and innovativeness.
- Follow up on styles & selected fabrics each season in collaboration with product developers and communicating this to our buying offices/vendors & retail needs.
- Working closely and communicating daily on issues/changes that arise from the development of selected styles.
- You will collaborate with product developers to ensure a smooth work flow each season when executing each style.
- Working closely with the Technical Department for the executing of garment fittings.
- Attend fittings to help find solutions to any problems that may come up during the fitting process.
- Continuous development of new fabrics, yarns, wool and downs.
- Compile and maintain library by archiving Design input (e.g. sketches, fabrics, samples)
- Working with the Fabric Team to select the best fabrics for each collection.
- Presenting seasonal & non-seasonal collection to merchandising team & management as requested.
- Working to the divisional calendar to meet deadlines.
- Engage in (continuous) projects aimed at efficiency and quality improvements (e.g. brand book, CSR, Innovation, Sustainability)
- Making sure that the Tommy DNA is seen in each garment.
- Degree at Bachelor level - in Fashion Design
- Minimum 4+ years related experience in (a) leading Men's brand(s), with at least 3 years of experience in the Chinese market
- Very commercial mentality with consumer insights
- Solid knowledge of garment specifications, fitting and pattern making
- Eye for details with an extensive knowledge of fabric and wool.
- Passion for men's fashion with a good sense of style
- An extensive knowledge on 'new' technical developments in the Chinese market.
- Great sense of color concept and patternation.
- People Management experience plus.
- A team-player, mature and flexible
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/ Photoshop) & hand drawn skills.
- 3D experiences plus
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting
- Capable of working in a hectic and always changing environment
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal, as English is the working language of the company.
- Open communicator and able to work with a number of personalities