For the past 25 years, we've committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It's what we do best, and we're on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we're strong, but together we're unstoppable.About the Role
The Senior Analyst will support planning and forecasting processes, development of annual budgets, monthly forecast submission and comparisons. Senior Analyst will be responsible for tops-down sales, margin and inventory forecasts as well as the financial analysis of commercial plan strategies. The position will work collaboratively with business partners across the organization to drive decisions aimed at maximizing sales and profitability.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Recap and analyze business results versus plan and forecast on a daily/monthly/quarterly and ad-hoc basis
- Develop detailed annual plans (sales, margin, and inventory) that support the brand's business strategy
- Develop sales, margin, and inventory forecasts and submit monthly to Corporate
- Partner with Inventory Management to ensure merchandise plans/forecasts aligneconcile with the total company's plan/forecasts
- Build ad-hoc projections and provide decision support to brand leadership on events and promotions
- Support the financial evaluation of any new business opportunities
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop Commercial Planning strategies, forecast & hindsight promotional effectiveness across various Brand events and promotions, and utilizing other promotional marketing levers to drive sales and margin
Benefits at Athleta
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Self-driven curiosity and ability to problem solve independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify trends and irregularities in data
- Proven ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships and influence others
- Ability to synthesize business performance into key highlights, root cause analysis and action plans
- Able to lead influential conversations with executive management and to articulate financial concepts to business partners outside of finance in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams/projects (including ad hoc requests) with tight timelines
- Strong technical aptitude, including advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and the ability to quickly master new applications and system
- Microstrategy and/or Essbase experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of financial planning, forecasting and analysis experience required
- Inventory management and/or retail planning experience strongly preferred.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $90,600 - $120,200 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.