At On, Corporate Taxation provides a great platform to add true value and contribute to the success of the world's fastest-growing sportswear brand. As the APAC Tax Lead, you will be responsible for all tax-related activities with a focus on direct and indirect tax-related activities including preparation of tax reports, ensuring tax compliance, and assisting with audits. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of the tax function in the APAC region in collaboration with the Zurich headquarter team. This role embodies a variety of projects and tasks as well as the opportunity to bring new and innovative ideas to the team. A successful APAC Tax Lead will bring exceptional organizational skills, knowledge of best-in-class practices, critical thinking skills, and relentless attention to detail to ensure daily compliance, mitigate risks, and seize opportunities. Come join and grow with us at On!
This role is located in Shanghai for a hybrid work environment.
- Ensure timely preparation and execution of corporate tax compliance for our companies in the APAC region in partnership with internal and external partners.
- Support with the preparation of quarterly tax reports and reconcile tax accounts and related schedules, including deferred tax assets and liabilities.
- Be the first point of contact for indirect-tax-related questions from the business in the region, and coordinate with external advisors where necessary.
- Assist in local and state tax audits.
- Provide support in related areas, such as property and sales related taxes as well as ESG or payroll tax matters.
- Contribute to a culture of compliance and efficiency - identify tax saving opportunities, advise key stakeholders of impacts of tax liabilities, new laws and discoveries.
- Participate in risk management, controls and compliance processes.
- Partner with the Finance team and cross-functional business partners to ensure efficiency and accuracy of information.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Taxation, Accounting or related field preferred
- 6-10 years of relevant tax experience in similar accounting role; Big 4 experience a plus
- Experience working with China inbound companies (foreign parent) and/or IFRS a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent Excel skills and ERP (SAP, D365, etc.) experience
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience in collaborating cross-functionally in an international environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships across all organizational levels
- Exceptional detail orientation and process mindset
- Ability to read, speak and write Chinese and English fluently; Japanese language skills a plus
Meet The Team
Join our ambitious China team and become part of our forward-thinking and action-orientated APAC finance team to help us being compliant and bringing the right data to the right people to make the right decisions. We continuously strive to improve, facilitate our fast growth, and shape best-practice by thinking differently, challenging the status quo, and bringing improvements through the use of new technology and practices.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.