The Manager, Tiffany Service Center (TSC) supports worldwide servicing by overseeing the day to day operations of the New York Service Center to ensure that established service and performance standards are met. The Manager is responsible for efficient completion of servicing orders to achieve maximum efficiency throughout the process for client and stock merchandise. Responsibilities include oversight of craft and operations staff; maintaining a healthy and safe work environment, financial oversight including department labor, management of components parts, gemstones, and other precious materials.
The Manager will partner with the Landmark store team to support client servicing needs. The Manager provides direct support as needed for High Jewelry service delivery by supporting store events and client high jewelry alterations. The Manager provides ongoing support, direction, and development for staff and assists with the creation, implementation and monitoring of new processes and projects. The Manager provides training and guidance to their team in their store interactions with the objective of delivering elevated client experiences.
In addition, the Manager contributes to the company's success through ongoing process improvements that are aligned with the company's objectives. What You'll Do:
Inspire and Align an Agile Team to Win
- Leverage all existing talent to comply with cost of labor budget
- Set and communicate clear and challenging goals. Reset expectations with individuals and teams as it relates to building a high performance culture. Discuss team progress at least quarterly, while celebrating achievements, communicating shifting priorities, and reinforcing performance expectations.
- Foster an environment where leaders and managers provide on-going performance and development feedback conversations, while continually recognizing high performing behaviors and addressing performance issues in a timely manner.
- Create an inclusive culture that inspires all team members by demonstrating that you value all forms of diversity while cultivating a strong sense of team.
- Continuously develop management knowledge and capability through effective hiring, engagement, performance acceleration, coaching and development of an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Explore opportunities to engage and learn with and from others (e.g., networking events, discussions, mentoring relationships, collaborating on a project, etc.); Act as a role model and proactively share knowledge and information with others and coach and/or mentor peers to ensure collective management growth and success.
Strengthen Our Competitive Advantage
- Set goals that align with our luxury brand and meet our client's expectations.
- Measure results.
- Identify obstacles/opportunities.
- Process Documentation/Improvement.
- Health & Safety: a healthy and safe workplace translates into improved service.
Cultivate a More Efficient Operating Model
- Plan and forecast for your department taking into consideration historical trends in order to plan appropriately.
- Financial Acumen: Understand your overall business in order to provide strategies for your department; partner with the financial and operations team as appropriate.
- Workflow management.
- ROI Analysis: Understanding the cost/benefit analysis of your actions.
- Contingency Planning: Being mindful that the business is constantly changing and your role is to provide contingency plans in order to still attain your financial goals.
- Support small and large scale projects that support business strategy and growth.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years of direct management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- High ability to collaborate, build strong business relations and influence without direct authority
- Detail oriented ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management
- Flexible work schedule including weekend coverage
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Excellent organizational abilities to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Financial acumen and ability to understand expense statements
- Ability to inspire trust, fairness, integrity, and professionalism with staff members
- Ability to make decisions and provide direction in uncertain business situations
- Luxury retail or relevant client facing experience
- Graduate degree in business, engineering or related field
- Completion of Graduate Gemology degree or completion of courses
- Analytical experience
- Experience working in an operations, technical or luxury retail environment
- Proficiency with any of the following: JDE E1 and Business Objects
- Knowledge in AS400, MIPS, POS or Compass
- Tiffany & Co. product knowledge
- Excellent math skills
The hiring range for this position ranges from $107,000 - $151,000. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience.